Web Design involves the visual design of Web graphics and the visual design of a Web site experience. The Web Design Certificate requires learning graphic and visual design principles for Web application, industry standard software, and Web page construction and design and animation and interactivity for Web sites. This certificate will prepare students for an entry-level position working in a Web design-related field.
Career Opportunities include employment at Web design studios, graphic design studios, or self-employment.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- create a visual solution and interface for a multi-paged Web site.
- utilize industry vocabulary for effective communication with clients and other Web professionals.
- evaluate the needs of a client and plan and execute a site that meets those needs.
- design graphics and navigation that create a Web site experience for a target audience.
- properly prepare graphic and html files for efficient uploading and viewing on the Web.
- apply appropriate type, color, layout design, and imagery to a Web site.
- demonstrate and analyze graphic design principles and how to modify them to satisfy the technical limitations on the Web.
Certificate of Achievement (COA)
The Certificate of Achievement may be obtained by completion of the required program with grades of “C” or better or equivalent.
GCOM 101 Introduction to the Macintosh
–or CISC 320 Operating Systems
–or CISC 323 Linux Operating System
–or CISC 305 Introduction to the Internet
GCOM 330 Digital Imaging I
GCOM 332 Digital Imaging II
GCOM 340 Digital Illustration for Graphic Design I
GCOM 360 Introduction to Web and Interactive Technologies
CISW 320 Introduction to Web Site Development
GCOM 361 Beginning Creative Web Design
GCOM 362 Intermediate Creative Web Design
GCOM 383 Interactive Design II
CISW 470 Web Projects
Total Units Required: 28 – 28.5