Achieve your personal and academic goals!
There are two types of Learning Communities offered through Human Career Development:
1. PALS: Pathways to Academic Learning & Success
- Semester One: HCD 110 with MATH and/or English Course
- Semester Two: HCD 310 with MATH and/or English Course
2. PUENTE Project
- Fall Semester: HCD 310 (PUENTE) and ENGWR 101
- Spring Semester: HCD 302 (8W1/HCD 330 (8W2) and ENGLISH 300
Things to know about Learning Communities (LCs):
- Learning Communities are comprised of two or more connected classes with the same group of students
- Learning Communities require applications and consent for enrollment from the Instructor of Record
- Success rates are higher for students in Learning Communities
- The PALS Learning Communities are offered at the SCC Main Campus and West Sacramento Center
- Students enrolled in the LCs must remain in all classes – no exceptions!