Week of Aug 11th TB testing Mon, Tues and Wed
Week of Aug 18th TB testing Mon only
No testing on Thursdays or weekends. No appointment needed.
*Must be able to return in 48 – 72 hours after TB test given.*
1. Pay $5.00 charge at Business Office (RN 173).
2. Bring receipt of payment to Health Office (RN 125 Inside Counseling).
3. Receive TB skin test shot.
4. Return 48 to 72 hours later for us to check the results.
Employees (no charge)
1. Receive TB skin test shot.
2. Return 48 to 72 hours later for us to check the results
What is TB?
Tuberculosis (TB) is a disease caused by germs that are spread from person to person through the air. TB usually affects the lungs, but it can also affect other parts of the body, such as the brain, the kidneys, or the spine. A person with TB can die if they do not get treatment.
Why do I need to be tested?
People who are working or training in areas that have a higher risk of spreading TB or contracting TB must be periodically tested. Each institution has a specific frequency of testing based on the risk. Periodic testing prevents the spread of TB to others and can detect latent TB that can be treated before it develops into the active disease.