You are cordially invited to present at the Los Rios Innovate! 2014 conference on May 22 and 23. This year the conference will be held at the Winn Center at Cosumnes River College. Last year at ARC more than two hundred people from all four Los Rios colleges and the district office came together to learn about innovative technology tools and approaches being used by their colleagues. Don’t miss this opportunity to share with others the innovative ways you use technology.
Last year’s presentations included the following:
- “Online vs. On-ground: Why You Should Reinvent the Wheel” by Jena Bills from Cosumnes River College
- “Using Google Docs to Articulate with High Schools” by Randy Schuster from American River College
- “The Magic of Flipping Chemistry” by Dianne Bennett, Jim Hill, and Alexander Sylvia from Sacramento City College
- “All Together Now: Enabling College-wide Collaboration for Student Success in Online Classes” by Dipali Buch from Folsom Lake College
- “@ONE: Technology Training Services for You” by Micah Orloff from @ONE
Faculty, staff, and administrators are all encouraged to submit presentation proposals via the online form at http://innovate.losrios.edu. The registration fee is waived for presenters.
This year in conjunction with CRC’s Sustainability Committee, we have the goal of making Innovate! 2014 a zero-waste event. For presenters, this means we hope you will provide any resources to your attendees in electronic form and reduce or eliminate paper handouts. The Innovate! web site will be able to host any materials you wish to make available.
We look forward to reading your proposal.
The Los Rios Innovate! 2014 Planning Committee
Gregory Beyrer (CRC) | Marsha Reske (ARC) | Zack Dowell (FLC) | Daniel Gilbert-Valencia and Jory Hadsell (SCC)