You are Student Ambassadors representing your country. Self-responsibility to your academics is required to be a successful student. Maintain the F-1 Regulations is also a self-responsibility to continue your studies in the US. This section of our website is designed exclusively for our current international students. It includes an overview of the most important immigration regulations affecting F-1 students in the U.S. in the areas of academics, employment, travel, medical insurance, school transfer, driving, maintenance of valid student status, and more.
- Never drop below 12 units. You must enroll AND maintain a minimum of 12 units each semester (Fall and Spring). Note: “W” do not count toward the 12 unit minimum requirement.
- You must have current Health Insurance on file or you will have a HOLD placed on your eServices account.
- You must have a current individual student educational plan (iSEP) on file with our office.
- You must meet with the ISC Counselor once a semester. Please call our office in advance to schedule this appointment.
- You cannot work without approval by the ISC – PDSO (please check our website for employment regulations)
- To obtain a California Drivers Licence, please come to our office for a DMV letter.
- You must have a DSO sign page 3 of your SEVIS I-20 if you want to Travel outside the USA.
- You must submit your Acceptance Letter to Transfer Out to a new school.
The drop down links will assist you with additional information about processes, procedures, and your responsibilities as an international student. If you do not find the information for your specific circumstance on our website, please contact our office.