When you receive your acceptance letter
- READ the acceptance letter and follow the directions
- Pay your SEVIS I-901 Fee
- Check your US Embassy appointment timeline (some countries take longer so if the appointments are 2+ weeks away, schedule the appointment because your I-20 should arrive between 2-4 weeks by standard mail. Note: We advise to have personal off campus assistance in express mailing services – contact our office for more information.
- Check your enrollment date on your eServices account and enroll in a minimum of 12 units. Note: A minimum of 6 units must be taken on the SCC main campus. You must obtain a Concurrent Letter to attend classes off campus; although, it is not needed to enroll). You cannot enroll in more than 1 on-line course.
When you receive your I-20
- Prepare your documents and your comments for your F-1 VISA interview.
- Make travel arrangements. You can arrive to the US no more than 30 days before the official start of school but you must be in attendance for the Mandatory Orientation. Check your I-20 for dates.
Before you leave your country
- Visit your Doctor.
- Visit your Dentist.
- Purchase US Health Insurance (see special tab with additional information)
While Traveling: Always keep your original-official documents on your person. Do not pack them in luggage.
When you arrive to the US:
- Check into the International Student Center within 10 days.
- Bring your Visa/Passport and your I-94 receipt.
- Provide proof of your health insurance and tuberculosis clearance to the SCC Health Office.
- Take the SCC Assessment test for English or ESL and Math.
- Make an appointment to meet with an ISC Counselor to complete your iSep (Ed Plan). Call our office at 916-558-2486.
- Attend the mandatory 2 day orientation.