“In our community and nationwide we distinguish ourselves by:
1. Offering outstanding certificate, associate degree and transfer programs;
2. Preparing students for transfer and careers in an international marketplace”
— Los Rios Community College District
Fall 2015: ISP Hosted Delegation from Kazakhstan
- Sacramento City College’s International Studies Program has been selected to host another delegation from the former Soviet Union through the Open World Leadership Center. This time, the delegation will be from the Central Asian country of Kazakhstan and the theme will be Consumer Protection.
The delegates will be Young Professionals (under 30) and will need to be hosted in home stays for a week — the evening of September 25 through October 2.
This is a great opportunity to make an international connection, and to convey to them a slice of Sacramento life. In all the years of organizing these delegations, the home stays have always been among the most positive experiences for guests and hosts alike. Please do let me know if you are interested or just curious, and I will be glad to answer any questions or put you in touch with past hosts for details.
Spring 2015: SCC Alumnus Varun Aery gave presentations on the topics of International Law and Human Rights Law
I was contacted by an SCC alumnus who is currently preparing for his Juris Doctorate degree at UC Davis. His studies have taken him to UC Berkeley and Oxford University, where he studied International Law. He would like to give presentations to SCC students on the topics of International Law and Human Rights Law this semester.
Normally, I would have coordinated this opportunity with those of you who are interested, but here I will just offer you his name and contact information and hope that you will follow up directly. This really is a great opportunity for students to both hear about an important topic, and to see how far a former student like themselves was able to go after leaving SCC.
Email Varun Aery at
Program Mission and Goals
Our mission is to focus on California’s future workforce to meet the challenge of global competitiveness and the responsibilities of global citizenship.
- Provide accessible, high quality learning opportunities that meet the diverse educational needs of learners from the Sacramento community.
- Foster a commitment to global education opportunities for students, faculty and staff.
- Advance California’s economic growth and global competitiveness through quality education and services focusing on continuous workforce improvement, technology deployment, and business development, consistent with the current needs of the our regional economies.
International Studies Related Clubs on Campus
Amnesty International SCC Chapter
Amnesty International is a global movement opposing injustice and promoting human rights. The Amnesty International Club at Sacramento City College will engage in education and advocacy on behalf of human rights for all people regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Cultural Exchange Club
We promote traveling and exchanging ideas of leadership humanitarianism and innovation through travel and exploration.
Diversity encourages, help international students settle in and feel at home, encourage leadership.
International Student Club and Friends
To bring together the SCC students that are from all part of the world, including Americans that are interested in learning about all these different cultures. The club activities will improve international understanding and contribute to social, and community involvement of International Students in activities that will get everyone together and improve an understanding of all these different cultures.