SCC faculty, staff, and students can connect to our network using a smartphone, tablet, or laptop.
The name of the SCC WI-Fi network is LRCCD.
In general, follow the instructions below to connect to the network for internet access.
1. Open your Network and Sharing Center, or, if you have a MAC, open the Network
Preferences to view available Wi-Fi Networks. Click connect to LRCCD Wi-Fi.
2. You will be prompted to enter Username and password.
3. Next, you will be asked to accept the certificate on your device.
More specific instructions are sometimes necessary to connect to the network, depending on your computer configuration and operating system.
Windows 7 & 8 User
The new wireless network’s SSID is: LRCCD.
Before you can connect to the network, make sure your Windows 7 operating system is up-to-date. Please runWindows Update to automatically update your system.
- Click on your wireless connection located in your toolbar and select Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Select Manage wireless networks.
- When you get to Manage Wireless networks that use (wifi), select Add.
- Select Manually create a network profile.
- For Network name input LRCCD.
Security type: WPA2-Enterprise
Encryption type: AES
Check the box to Start this connection automatically. Select Next.
- Select Change connection settings.
- Select the Security tab. Under “Choose a network authentication method” drop-down, select Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP) option. Select the Settings button.
- Check the box to Validate server certificate.
Check the box to Connect to these servers and type in radius.losrios.edu.
Scroll down the “Trusted Root Certification Authorities” and check the box for AddTrust External CA Root.
Check the box to Enable Fast Reconnect.
Select the Configure… button and un-check the option to Automatically use my Windows logon name… and click OK. Then select OK again.
- On the LRCCD Wireless Network Properties window, select Advanced settings.
Under this window check the box to Specify authentication mode. Select User authentication and select OK on this and the previous windows to save and close.
- Now connect to the LRCCD wireless network and you will be prompted for a user name and password. User your W-ID credentials to authenticate.
Download instructions for Windows 7 or 8 to manually configure wireless settings on your laptop.
- Please click on your airport icon (top right next to speaker icon).
- If you cannot connect directly to LRCCD. Click on “open network preferences”.
- Then select the Advanced button.
- Highlight the SCC_Hotspot; click the minus symbol to remove the network. Do this to all SCC networks. Press OK then Apply.
- Click on Network Name drop down arrow.
- Click on Network name and choose LRCCD.
- Enter your W employee ID and password SCC.
Need to print these instructions? Download a PDF version of these instructions.
Wireless printing is delivered through our Wireless GoPrint Stations found in instructional computer labs.
A connector app may be required if you plan on printing from an iPhone or Android device such as The Breezy app (application fees and data access fees may apply).
Printing from laptops can be done by going to the Wireless GoPrint Station web page, selecting the printer location and uploading your file.
Accessing SCC Guest WIFI (SCC-Guest)
The SCC Guest wireless network provides Internet access for community members (non Los Rios employees or students).
To access the SCC Guest Wi-Fi, an SCC employees must create an account for a guest before access is granted by following the Instructions to Create Guest Account.
Once the account is created follow the Instructions to Access Guest Network for the guest to access the Wi-Fi.
Website for guest account creation https://omnivista.losrios.edu/sponsor/index.php
- Faculty or Staff member of the Los Rios Community College District
- Registered student at any of the colleges in the Los Rios Community District
- Wireless Network Card
- Your LRCCD domain username and password.
Wireless traffic over the LRCCD wireless network is protected using Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA2). WPA2 doesn’t guarantee that your sensitive data is protected. You should keep your system protected with a personal firewall and antivirus software.
The Los Rios Community College District offers the wireless network to students, faculty and staff. Please adhere to all District policies related to computer use when utilizing this service. The policies and regulation are outlined in section 7800. More information can be found at www.losrios.edu/legal/Regulations/R-7000/R-7811.htm.
Troubleshooting & FAQ
LRCCD DNS Issue
Next click on Open Network and Sharing Center.
Click on Properties.
Highlight Internet Protocol Version 4 and click on Properties.
If there is an entry in “use the following DNS server addresses”, please clear it and make sure it obtain DNS server address automatically. Click OK and you should be able to connect to the internet.
Download these DNS instructions.
Android and Linux settings for LRCCD
Connecting to Linux is the same as connecting to Andriod.
EAP Method: PEAP
Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAPV2
CA Certificate: unspecified
Identify: W ID
Password: The password is the one associated with the W-ID#.
What username and password do I use as an Employee?
Each employee of the Los Rios Community College District has a unique login comprised of a username and password. The username is W+Employee ID. The password is the one associated with that username. This is the same password you use to access your Outlook Account.