SCC faculty, staff, and students can connect to our network using a smartphone, tablet, or laptop.
The name of the SCC Wi-Fi network is LRCCD.
Steps to connect to the network for internet access.
- Open your Network and Sharing Center, or, if you have a MAC, open the Network
Preferences to view available Wi-Fi Networks. Click connect to LRCCD Wi-Fi.
- You will be prompted to enter Username and password.
- Next, you will be asked to accept the certificate on your device.
Instructions for Specific Operating Systems and Requirements
Windows 7 Users
The new wireless network’s SSID is: LRCCD.
Before you can connect to the network, make sure your Windows 7 operating system is up-to-date. Please run Windows Update to automatically update your system.
- Click on your wireless connection located in your toolbar and select Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Select Manage wireless networks.
- When you get to Manage Wireless networks that use (wifi), select Add.
- Select Manually create a network profile.
- For Network name input LRCCD.
Security type: WPA2-Enterprise
Encryption type: AES
Check the box to Start this connection automatically. Select Next.
- Select Change connection settings.
- Select the Security tab. Under “Choose a network authentication method” drop-down, select Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP) option. Select the Settings button.
- Check the box to Validate server certificate.
Check the box to Connect to these servers and type in radius.losrios.edu.
Scroll down the “Trusted Root Certification Authorities” and check the box for AddTrust External CA Root.
Check the box to Enable Fast Reconnect.
Select the Configure… button and un-check the option to Automatically use my Windows logon name… and click OK. Then select OK again.
- On the LRCCD Wireless Network Properties window, select Advanced settings.
Under this window check the box to Specify authentication mode. Select User authentication and select OK on this and the previous windows to save and close.
- Now connect to the LRCCD wireless network and you will be prompted for a user name and password. User your W-ID credentials to authenticate.
Download instructions for Windows 7 or 8 to manually configure wireless settings on your laptop.
Windows 8 & 10 Users
The new wireless network’s SSID is: LRCCD
Before you can connect to the network, make sure your Windows 8 or 10 operating system is up-to-date. Please run Windows Update to automatically update your system.
Click any image below to view larger.
Click on your wireless connection located in your toolbar and select Open Network and Sharing Center.
Select Manage wireless networks
Select Manually create a network profile
For Network name input LRCCD
Security type: WPA2-Enterprise
Encryption type: AES
Check the box to Start this connection automatically
Select Change connection settings
Select the Security tab.
Under “Choose a network authentication method” drop-down, select Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP) option.
Select the Settings button.
Select OK again.
Check the box to Validate server certificate
Check the box to Connect to these servers and type in radius.losrios.edu
Scroll down the “Trusted Root Certification Authorities” and check the box for AddTrust External CA Root
Check the box to Enable Fast Reconnect
Select the Configure… button
and un-check the option to Automatically use my Windows logon name… and click OK.
Select OK again.
On the LRCCD Wireless Network Properties window, select Advanced settings
Under this window check the box to Specify authentication mode
Select User authentication and select OK on this and the previous windows to save and close.
Now connect to the LRCCD wireless network and you will be prompted for a user name and password. User your W-ID credentials to authenticate.
Please click on your airport icon (top right next to speaker icon)
If you cannot connect directly to LRCCD. Click on “open network preferences”
Highlight the LRCCD; click the minus symbol to remove the network. Do this to all SCC networks. Press OK then Apply
Click on Network Name guest drop down arrow
Click on Network name and choose LRCCD.
Enter your W employee ID and password
You will be asked to trust the certificate. Please use the local admin account to make the changes for this step.
After that your MAC should be connected to the LRCCD Wi-Fi network.
- Due to the certificate change from Verisign to AddTrust, previous users who have connected to LRCCD in the past will have to delete the LRCCD profile. The instructions are as follows
- Navigate to settings > General > Profile > “LRCCD” – Remove
- Apple Menu > System Preferences
- View Menu in System Preferences, select Profiles
- Locate the LRCCD profile and remove it
- On some occasions you will not see the “minus” sign to remove the profile, in this instance, please connect to guest, open a web browser, you will be redirected to a wizard page. Click on the auto configure link for MAC, follow the instructions, you will be given the chance to remove the LRCCD profile.
- Open your settings.
- For SSID: Use llrccd.
- For EAP method: Use PEAP.
- Server CA certificate: Should be left to Default.
- For Identity and Password, please use your wID and Password.
Need to print these instructions? Download a PDF version of these instructions.
Wireless printing is delivered through our Wireless GoPrint Stations found in instructional computer labs.
A connector app may be required if you plan on printing from an iPhone or Android device such as The Breezy app (application fees and data access fees may apply).
Printing from laptops can be done by going to the Wireless GoPrint Station web page, selecting the printer location and uploading your file.
Accessing SCC Guest WIFI (SCC-Guest)
The SCC Guest wireless network provides Internet access for community members (non Los Rios employees or students).
To access the SCC Guest Wi-Fi, an SCC employees must create an account for a guest before access is granted by following the Instructions to Create Guest Account.
Once the account is created follow the Instructions to Access Guest Network for the guest to access the Wi-Fi.
Website for guest account creation https://omnivista.losrios.edu/sponsor/index.php
- Faculty or Staff member of the Los Rios Community College District
- Registered student at any of the colleges in the Los Rios Community District
- Wireless Network Card
- Your LRCCD domain username and password.
Wireless traffic over the LRCCD wireless network is protected using Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA2). WPA2 doesn’t guarantee that your sensitive data is protected. You should keep your system protected with a personal firewall and antivirus software.
The Los Rios Community College District offers the wireless network to students, faculty and staff. Please adhere to all District policies related to computer use when utilizing this service. The policies and regulation are outlined in section 7800. More information can be found at www.losrios.edu/legal/Regulations/R-7000/R-7811.pdf.
Troubleshooting & FAQ
Connected to LRCCD but Cannot Get on the Web
Next click on Open Network and Sharing Center.
Click on Properties.
Highlight Internet Protocol Version 4 and click on Properties.
If there is an entry in “use the following DNS server addresses”, please clear it and make sure it obtain DNS server address automatically. Click OK and you should be able to connect to the internet.
Also check the Advanced section. There may be an entry here as well. If there is please remove it.
Download these DNS instructions for Windows.
Download the DNS instructions for Mac.
Android and Linux settings for LRCCD
Connecting to Linux is the same as connecting to Android.
EAP Method: PEAP
Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAPV2
CA Certificate: unspecified
Identify: W ID
Password: The password is the one associated with the W-ID#.
What username and password do I use as an Employee?
Each employee of the Los Rios Community College District has a unique login comprised of a username and password. The username is W+Employee ID. The password is the one associated with that username. This is the same password you use to access your Outlook Account.