Welcome Enrolled Students!!! I’m so glad you got in to this class! The NUTRI 300 classes fill very quickly so you should feel very happy to have gotten a spot! I’m also happy that you followed the directions in the schedule of classes which told you to check out my website! Here is what you need to know to get started on the road to success in my class (read all 4 items listed below):
1) Mandatory ORIENTATION VIDEO for the Online NUTRI 300 Course:
This mandatory, one-hour, orientation video session must be completed by the first day of class, even if you have successfully taken an online class before. The orientation video will ask you to do several things in D2L (Desire 2 Learn). You will not have access to D2L until the week before class begins!
- To FIND the Mandatory Orientation Video, click below:
http://saccity-online.org/de/itv-archive/nutri-300/ and look for the words “orientation video“.
- SYLLABUS & CALENDAR for the NUTRITION 300 Online classes:
Please print a hard copy of the NUTRI 300 Online Class Syllabus and Calendar. You will refer to this while you watch the Orientation Video.
- DUE DATE: First Sunday of Week 1.
If you do not complete the tasks in the orientation video by the first day of the semester you may be dropped from the course.
Note: You will need Adobe Flash Media Player to play this video (it is a free download).
2) In-Person ORIENTATION for SPRING 2015:
Wednesday, January 21: 5:30-6:30 pm
Learning Resource Center, LRC 141
Sacramento City College, Main Campus
- This orientation is for students who are new to D2L or for those students who have not taken an online class successfully.
- Please wait in the lobby of the Learning Resource Center where I will meet you, and escort you to room LRC 141.
3) Required CUSTOM SCC TEXTBOOK:
As mentioned in the orientation video above, you will ABSOLUTELY need the CUSTOM SCC Textbook for this class.
The textbook is available for purchase at 2 places:
- McGraw-Hill Education Publisher
- SCC Campus Bookstore (it will be more expensive at the SCC bookstore).
DO NOT BUY YOUR BOOK ANYWHERE ELSE. THIS IS A CUSTOM EDITION that gives you access to:
- Diet Analysis Program
- Learn Smart Modules (graded)
- Other Services Needed to succeed in this class.
- When you order the book online for ~$70 you will receive a loose-leaf paper copy of the book, an eBook (with linked animations), Learn Smart Modules and the Diet Analysis Program.