Welcome Enrolled Students!!! I’m so glad you got in to this class! The NUTRI 300 ONLINE classes fill very quickly so you should feel very happy to have gotten a spot! I’m also happy that you followed the directions in the schedule of classes which told you to check out my website! Here is what you need to know to get started on the road to success in my class (read all 4 items listed below):
1) Mandatory ORIENTATION VIDEO for the Online NUTRI 300 Course:
This mandatory, one-hour, orientation video session must be completed by the first day of class, even if you have successfully taken an online class before. The orientation video will ask you to do several things in D2L (Desire 2 Learn). You will not have access to D2L until the week before class begins!
- To FIND the Mandatory Orientation Video, click Here
or copy and paste this web address: http://saccity-online.org/de/itv-archive/nutri-300/
Once you are there, look for the words “orientation video” near the top of the page.
- SYLLABUS & CALENDAR for the NUTRITION 300 Online classes:
Please print a hard copy of the NUTRI 300 Online Class Syllabus and Calendar. You will refer to this while you watch the Orientation Video.
- DUE DATE: First Friday of Week 1.
If you do not complete the tasks in the orientation video by the first day of the semester you may be dropped from the course.
Note: You will need Adobe Flash Media Player to play this video (it is a free download).
2) OPTIONAL In-Person MEET and GREET for SPRING 2016:
Wednesday, January 20th 4:30-5:30pm
Learning Resource Center, LRC 141
Sacramento City College, Main Campus
- This meet and greet is available for those who wish to “connect” in person, ask questions about the orientation video or just feel more comfortable having met me in person!
- Please be sure you have viewed the mandatory orientation video BEFORE attending the optional IN-Person meet and greet.
3) Required CUSTOM SCC TEXTBOOK:
As mentioned in the orientation video above, you will ABSOLUTELY need the CUSTOM SCC Textbook for this class.
The textbook is available for purchase at 2 places:
- McGraw Hill: http://connect.mheducation.com/class/coppola-nutri300-sp16
- SCC Campus Bookstore (it will be more expensive at the SCC bookstore).
DO NOT BUY YOUR BOOK ANYWHERE ELSE. THIS IS A CUSTOM EDITION that gives you access to:
- Diet Analysis Program
- Learn Smart Modules (graded)
- Other Services Needed to succeed in this class.
- When you order the book from the link above you will have the option of getting digital ONLY or getting digital + a loose-leaf paper version of the book for only $10 more.
4) Are online classes right for me??? If you are wondering that, please click here: Distance Education Page. Also consider going through these “readiness modules” that get you ready to take an online course! Readiness Modules