The Online class will have a mandatory, one-hour, orientation session that must be completed by the first day of class, even if you have had an online class before. Keep in mind, the orientation will ask you to do several things in D2L (Desire 2 Learn). You will not have access to D2L until the week before class begins! This semester, if you are enrolled in my class, you MUST watch the orientation video but appearing for the in-person meet-and-greet is optional!
1) Mandatory ORIENTATION VIDEO for the Online NUTRI 300 Course:
This mandatory, one-hour, orientation video session must be completed by the first day of class, even if you have successfully taken an online class before. The orientation video will ask you to do several things in D2L (Desire 2 Learn). You will not have access to D2L until the week before class begins!
- To FIND the Mandatory Orientation Video, click below:
http://saccity-online.org/de/itv-archive/nutri-300/ and look for the words “orientation video“.
- SYLLABUS & CALENDAR for the NUTRITION 300 Online classes:
Please print a hard copy of the NUTRI 300 Online Class Syllabus And Calendar. You will refer to this while you watch the Orientation Video.
- DUE DATE: Friday of Week 1.
If you do not complete the tasks in the orientation video by the first day of the semester you may be dropped from the course.
Note: You will need Adobe Flash Media Player to play this video (it is a free download).
2) OPTIONAL In-Person Meet and Greet for SPRING 2016:
Wednesday, January 20: 4:30-5:30 pm
Learning Resource Center, LRC 141
Sacramento City College, Main Campus
- The OPTIONAL In-Person Meet-and-Greet is for students who have already completed the mandatory orientation video but would like to meet with me and other students in person. I find that some students really like meeting in-person and it helps them to feel more comfortable in an online class.
Many students want to know: Are online classes right for me??? If you are wondering that, please click here: http://apps.3cmediasolutions.org/oei/
You’ll find several modules that will help you prepare to be a fantastic online student!