ECE 314 or SOC 312 (same course)
Orientation and Syllabus Information
ORIENTATION AND SYLLABUS INFORMATION:
Mandatory orientation: Click on the ORIENTATIONS link for the meeting date and time. Be sure to complete the D2L Free Sample Class prior to our orientation.
In addition to the course orientation the students will complete the assigned reading, activities, exams, and participate online using Desire-2-Learn (D2L).
Week 1 Assignment
Week 1 Assignments:
- Take the Orientation Quiz
- Submit D2L Orientation- Certificate of Completion to Dropbox
- Read Chapter 1 and additional Readings in D2L
- View Lecture
- View Video Raising California
- View Video Clip: Temperament
- Article Review- Agency Serving Children and Families:
Find a current article about a local agency that serves
children and families. Research newspapers, magazines,
or the Internet. Try to find something that relates to the
Sacramento Area. Organize your thoughts using the
supplied article review form. Then, write this assignment
as an essay. Be sure to include the following citation
information (as part of your article review):
- Author last name, first name.
- Date of article
- Sponsor of web site.
- Date web site was last updated.
- Media. (Magazine, Newspaper, etc.)
- Date of Access (date you saw the web site).
- Submit assignment thru D2L Dropbox
- Discussion Board
- Article Review
- Review Chapter 1 and Readings