If you choose to use an different edition of the text, it is your responsibility to compare your text with the current text for updated information and reorganization of the material. Older copies of the text might be found on the 3rd floor of the Learning Resource Center.
Orientation and Syllabus Information
ORIENTATION AND SYLLABUS INFORMATION:
Week 1 Assignment
WEEK 1 Assignment–Chapter 1: Children’s Well-Being: What It Is and How to Achieve It
- Take the Orientation Quiz
- Submit D2L Orientation- Certificate of Completion to Dropbox
- READ Chapter 1.
- VIEW Lecture: Children’s Well-Being
- VIEW Video: Rap- H1N1 Infection Prevention
- ACTIVITY: Find a current article having to do with childhood concerns in the Sacramento Area.
- Use the Article Review Form to organize your thoughts. Write your review as an essay.
- (Please do not include the questions from the handout.)
- Turn-in your article review using the DropBox link.
- DISCUSSION BOARD:
- Topic 1-Childhood Concerns in the Sacramento Area.
- Topic 2-Introduction
- Topic 3-Case Study of Jose.
- REVIEW Chapter 1
- Chapter 1 Study Guide
- Chapter 1 Quiz
Safetyville is a Service Learning and Extra Credit Option for this class.
Service Learning and Extra Credit Option for Health, Safety and Nutrition
Mark A. Shelton
Volunteer & Tour Coordinator
3909 Bradshaw Rd.
Sacramento, CA 95827
Service Learning Program
Office Location: RHS 282
Sacramento City College
FACE-TO-FACE COURSE: (Web-enhanced)
We will meet TuTh 10:30am- 11:50am Child Development Center- Room #208, full term.
Mandatory orientation: Click on the ORIENTATIONS link for meeting date and time.
Be sure to read the course syllabus and complete the D2L Free Sample Class prior to our orientation.
In addition to the course orientation students will complete the reading, assignments, activities, exams, and participate online using Desire-2-Learn (D2L).