If you choose to use an different edition of the text, it is your responsibility to compare your text with the current text for updated information and reorganization of the material. Older copies of the text might be found on the 3rd floor of the Learning Resource Center.
SYLLABUS and COURSE INFORMATION
SYLLABUS and COURSE INFORMATION:
WEEK 1 ASSIGNMENT
WEEK 1 ASSIGNMENT–Chapter 1: Children’s Well-Being: What It Is and How to Achieve It
- Take our HSN Class Orientation Quiz.
- Complete the D2L Free Sample Class and take it’s Final Exam.
- Submit the D2L Sample Class- Certificate of Completion to our HSN Class Dropbox.
- READ Chapter 1.
- VIEW Lecture: Children’s Well-Being
- ACTIVITY: Find a current article having to do with childhood concerns in the Sacramento Area.
- Use the Article Review Form to organize your thoughts. Write your review as an essay.
- (Please do not include the questions from the handout.)
- Turn-in your article review using the DropBox link.
- DISCUSSION BOARD:
- Topic 1-Childhood Concerns in the Sacramento Area.
- Topic 2-Introduction
- Topic 3-Case Study of Jose.
- REVIEW Chapter 1
- Chapter 1 Study Guide
- Chapter 1 Quiz
SAFETYVILLE: A Service Learning and Extra Credit Option
Service Learning and Extra Credit Option for Children’s Health, Safety and Nutrition
Mark A. Shelton
Volunteer & Tour Coordinator
3909 Bradshaw Rd.
Sacramento, CA 95827
Service Learning Program
Office Location: RHS 282
Sacramento City College
FACE-TO-FACE COURSE: (Web-enhanced)
We will meet TuTh 10:30am- 11:50am Child Development Center- Room #208, full term.
Mandatory orientation: Click on the ORIENTATIONS link for meeting date and time.
Be sure to read the course syllabus and complete the D2L Free Sample Class prior to our orientation.
In addition to the course orientation students will complete the reading, assignments, activities, exams, and participate online using Desire-2-Learn (D2L).