Students must meet ALL of the following criteria to be eligible to participate in the CDTC Education Program:
- Student must be seeking a new or maintaining a currently held Child Development Permit.
- At the time of enrollment, the student must be employed by a child care/development program, including licensed family childcare and out-of-school care. Center-based programs must be licensed or eligible for an exemption according to Department of Social Services (DSS) regulations. Employment in a kindergarten classroom is also acceptable.
- Student employment must directly benefit children and/or families. The employment experience must be acceptable to the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing for purposes of obtaining a Child Development Permit, even if experience is not required for the permit.
- Student must work in the state of California.
(Note: In-home care providers (nannies) are not eligible. Unlicensed, exempt, home-based child care providers (individuals) are not eligible.)
Step 1: Complete the Student Profile Application Online:
The Student Profile Application is located on the Child Development Training Consortium Web Site at http://www.childdevelopment.org/cs/student/login
Follow the 4 Steps on the “Student Profiles Workspace” page to either create a new Student Profile Application or edit your existing Student Profile Application:
- Update the My Personal Information section by selecting Edit if necessary.
- Create a new Student Profile by selecting “Add a Student Profile” link – Complete form and select the “Save” button at the bottom of the form.
- To make changes to your existing Student Profile Application, select the “Edit” link. To submit the completed Student Profile Application to your College Coordinator, select the “Submit” link.
- Select the “Download” link and print form (for the current semester). Have your employer complete Section C, (Employer or Self Employment Information) and obtain the required signature. Submit the completed paper form to your coordinator by the specified due date.
Step 2: Submit the Hard Copy Student Profile to Laurie Perry, the CDTC Coordinator at Sacramento City College, by the due date.
After completing your paperwork, place it in an envelope addressed to:
c/o Child Development Center Room #111
Sacramento City College
3835 Freeport Blvd.
Sacramento, CA 95822
- You can mail the envelope to Laurie Perry, or
- Leave the envelope at the reception desk of the:
- Child Development Center, or
- Behavioral and Social Science Division, Rodda Hall North, RHN 226.
If you have questions you may contact Laurie Perry by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (916) 650-2953
- Website: http://www.scc.losrios.edu/laurieperry/