Why is self awareness important?
Self awareness is important because when we have a better understanding of ourselves, we are empowered to make changes and to build on our areas of strength as well as identify areas where we would like to make improvements. Self-awareness is often a first step to goal setting.
Examples of self awareness:
- Preferred learning styles
- Aptitude for specific career fields
- Natural academic ability (athletics, mathematics, English, etc.)
- Personality traits (introvert, extrovert, sensitive, judgmental, etc.)
- Religious beliefs
- Political viewpoints
- Values (ethical, with integrity, scrupulous, etc.)
Sacramento City College classes:
- HCD 110 (Building Foundations for Success)
- HCD 310 (College Success)
- HCD 330 (Life and Career Planning)