Why is stress management important?
The pressures students face while trying to balance all aspects of their lives can be overwhelming at times. If students aren’t able to balance the demands placed on them, their stress level can increase while their success rate can decrease. Students need to understand that for each 1 hour they are in class, they will have 2-3 hours of homework. That means for a student taking 15 units, they will have 30-45 hours of time committed to class and outside work.
This is on top of any time dedicated to work, family, sports, etc. Student often start out with their time already maxed-out. When a problem emerges, the student’s stress level is sure to increase.
- Getting enough sleep
- Eating a proper diet and exercising regularly
- Learning a relaxation method such as yoga or meditation
- Not taking on additional activities if you do not have the time
- Avoiding drugs and alcohol
- Making time for hobbies and play
- Managing your time efficiently (make each minute count)