Beacon tutors are Sacramento City College students who…
- are enrolled in at least 6 units
- work directly with one instructor and the students in one or more of his/her classes.
Beacon tutors are paid up to 5 hours per week:
- a one-hour meeting with the instructor
- one hour of preparation
- one hour for attending the instructor’s course
- two hours of tutoring in a group setting.
- instructors choose experienced or qualified students who have performed well in their class
- students submit an instructor-endorsed application to the Beacon coordinator before the announced deadline (usually near the end of the prior semester)
- the Beacon coordinator reviews applications, hires, and oversees all Beacon tutors