The course is designed for students who want to improve their academic skills.
Students will have an opportunity to assess their learning needs in order to develop and improve study techniques for textbook reading, note-taking, and test taking. In addition, students will learn how to manage their time, improve their concentration and memory, and develop listening strategies in order to become successful students.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- identify and establish individual academic goals and objectives
- examine and evaluate self-learning strategies, and adapt to individual strengths and weaknesses
- analyze time management principles, and prepare a schedule that accounts for academic and personal commitments
- incorporate new listening and communication skills
- demonstrate note-taking skills from lectures and texts
- explain test taking techniques
- demonstrate techniques for textbook reading
- assess and implement memory and concentration techniques