Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- list goals and objectives of tutoring and tutor training.
- describe the steps for organizing, conducting, and concluding a tutoring session.
- analyze goals for the tutoring session and establish a plan of action.
- construct learning objectives for individual tutoring sessions and students.
- employ a variety of strategies to tutor course content and study skills.
- manage time and activities in a tutoring session.
- demonstrate and employ active listening skills, effective questioning skills, and speaking skills in a tutoring session.
- appraise and describe effective study skills and strategies for the courses being tutored.
- analyze and explain how cultural diversity influences tutoring.
- assess his or her performance in order to improve as a tutor.