This course is designed to familiarize students with the Desire2Learn online learning environment.
Students will learn to effectively navigate and utilize the Los Rios Desire2Learn system for online coursework. Topics may include hardware and software requirements; using a word processor or other software to review and submit class assignments; effective online communication skills and strategies; use of online assessment tools; critical thinking in the online environment; ethical online behavior; and emerging learning technologies.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of the basics of online courses and the online environment
- demonstrate an understanding of online course equipment needs
- utilize the features of an online course management system
- demonstrate an understanding of effective communication strategies in an online course
- apply standards of ethical behavior in the online environment
- utilize online assessment tools
- evaluate appropriate use of emerging learning technologies