Who Can Check Out Books
- You must be a current student (enrolled in classes in the current semester) or employee to check out books or other items.
- Community users can purchase a borrower’s card at the Circulation Desk.
- To check out books, you need to bring your Student Access Card (ID).
- Employees should bring an LRCCD employee ID card.
- All books and videos are listed in the library catalog.
- When you find an item, you will see the location, the call number, and the status. These are the keys to finding a book; you need to know if it’s available or checked out, which part of the library it’s in, and what the call number is.
Requests & Holds
- The library catalog lists books from all Los Rios Libraries (ARC, CRC, EDC, FLC, SCC).
- Click the “Request” button to have a book delivered to the location of your choice. (This includes SCC’s Davis and West Sacramento Centers.) You will be notified when the item is ready to be picked up.
- If you request an item that is held at the SCC library, it will be brought to the Circulation Desk where you can pick it up. Please allow a few hours for this process.
- If you request an item that is currently checked out, you will be next in line for the book, and will be notified when it is ready to be picked up.
- Some items, such as reserves and reference books, cannot be requested.
- If you need a book that is not at any of the Los Rios libraries, you can fill out an Interlibrary Loan form at the Circulation Desk on the 2nd floor.
- When you check out a book or other item, make sure you understand when it is due back at the library. If you don’t return it on time, you will need to pay a fine.
- If you don’t pay your fines promptly, your college record will be blocked, preventing you from registering for classes, ordering transcripts, and so on.