This program is designed as introductory preparation for employment in audio engineering. Courses in the theory and practice of recording techniques are offered to give students a well-rounded foundation to begin work and/or to pursue a four-year degree.
The Commercial Music, Audio Production A.A. Degree program provides students with training toward career paths as audio engineers in professional recording studios, multi-media, and post-production audio specialists in corporate audio-visual departments and as owner/engineers in smaller demo production studios.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- demonstrate a basic knowledge of music recording equipment and various music recording workflows.
- demonstrate a basic understanding of the processes involved in recording music groups in the semi-professional or home recording studio.
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the skills needed to conduct a professional music recording session.
- demonstrate the ability to properly use the equipment found in recording studios to achieve successful outcomes to a variety of activities common to the music recording workflow.
- demonstrate the ability to successfully complete projects in music mixing and audio post-production using both analog and digital platforms.
Associate in Arts Degree
The Associates in Arts (A.A.) degree may be obtained by completion of the required program, plus general education requirements, plus sufficient electives to meet a 60-unit total. See SCC graduation requirements.
Certificate of Achievement (COA)
The Certificate of Achievement may be obtained by completion of the required program with grade of “C” or better or equivalent.