This program is designed to prepare students to perform in the styles of popular music most often heard on radio, television, and live concert venues.
This program is for the student interested in being a performer of various styles of popular music – live and recorded.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- demonstrate performance ability on a chosen instrument(s).
- demonstrate knowledge of contemporary musical styles.
- demonstrate basic knowledge of the audio recording process.
- participate in a audio recording session as a performer.
- demonstrate basic improvisational techniques.
- design and implement a practice routine for maintaining and improving performance skills.
Associate in Arts Degree
The Commercial Music, Performance Emphasis Associate in Arts (A.A.) degree may be obtained by completion of the required program, plus general education requirements, plus sufficient electives to meet a 60-unit total. See SCC graduation requirements.
Certificate of Achievement (COA)
The Certificate of Achievement may be obtained by completion of the required program with grades of “C” or better or equivalent.