Completion of this degree provides a basic foundation in music. Program offerings include course work in music theory and aural skills, applied instrumental and vocal instruction, and ensemble performance.
The Associate in Arts in Music for Transfer provides students with a major that fulfills the general requirements of the California State University for transfer. Students with this degree will receive priority admission with junior status to the California State University system.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- analyze musical compositions and scores.
- understand the elements of music: melody, rhythm, harmony, form.
- apply understanding of the elements of music to performance and analysis.
- perform music at a level appropriate to the area of specialization.
- critically analyze music performances, whether personal or performed by other musicians.
Associate in Arts for Transfer Degree
The Associate in Arts in Music for Transfer (AA-T) degree may be obtained by completion of 60 transferable, semester units with a mini- mum 2.0 GPA, including (a) the major or area of emphasis described in the Required Program, and (b) either the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) or the California State Univer- sity General Education-Breadth Requirements.