Operations Policies, Procedures and Forms

Below is a list of policies, procedures and forms for Operations.

“A” Frame Procedures

“A” Frames may be used by campus divisions and departments.  These frames are issued by the Operations Division Office staff, following the submittal of an “A” Frame Agreement.  The following guidelines have been established for the use of these frames:

  1. Users must request the “A” Frames at least 3 days in advance.
  2. Users must complete the “A” Frame Agreement and have it signed by the appropriate administrator PRIOR to picking up the frames.
  3. Ops. staff will assign the “A” Frames (users will not pick out their own), and will record the numbers.
  4. The User will verify the numbers and sign the form prior to removing them from the Ops. area.
  5. If the frames are to be returned after Operations has closed, it is incumbent upon the User to make sure they are secured, as they are responsible for the frames until the return can be confirmed by Operations.
  6. Upon return, Ops. staff will verify the numbers returned with the User.
  7. Missing frames will be charged to the User – no exceptions.
  8. Posting Regulations (LRCCD R-1313, 4.0) will be followed at all times.


Nearly every office has a copier and the maintenance and use of these is important.  If you have a copier with a maintenance agreement, you will need to do a purchase order for that maintenance.  However, if you have an institutional copier, Operations will generate purchase orders for the maintenance of those copiers.  If you’re not sure if you are under the institutional account, please contact Louisa at 916-558-2543.

For toner for institutional copiers you should call the number on the copier repair company sticker on the front of your machine.  The charge for these comes out of the purchase order Operations generates.  If you do not have an institutional copier you will need to work this through your division.

Facilities Space Inventory

From the Los Rios Community College District Facilities Management cover page:

The Facilities Space Inventory data and drawings in the binder (sic) indicate the building names, numbers, room numbers, room uses, and other data as it appears in the State mandated Facilities Space Inventory.

The names and numbers of the buildings, the room uses, and numbers, are considered the official nomenclature for our campus.  These data have also been loaded into Peoplesoft that, in turn, drives classroom numbering.

Floor plans and supporting data for buildings can be requested through Operations.  Although this information is not confidential, Operations would prefer to provide it primarily to division offices.

Document:  Building information

Cleaning And Maintenance

Campus Maintenance encompasses a myriad of things.  To provide information on the most frequently asked about items, we provide the following information on clocks, pencil sharpeners, carpeting, painting, plumbing issues, roof leaks, and specialty cleaning (chairs, etc.)


If you would like to have your carpet cleaned, repaired, or replaced, you will need to submit a work order.  See “Work Order” for instructions on completing this form.


All classrooms, labs, gathering areas, and large office areas should have a clock.  Individual offices are not provided clocks by the campus.  If the clock is not operating or the time is incorrect, call Operations for corrections.


We will provide nameplates for all full-time permanent instructors, supervisors, and deans/managers.  The nameplates are a silver arched frame with a removable front for instructors and a black arched frame for supervisors and deans/managers.  You will need to submit a work order to request a nameplate.


The Facilities Management Division does all of the campus painting.  If you would like an area painted, submit a work order.  See “Work Order” for instructions on completing this form.  At no time should any employee or student paint any room.


All classrooms and labs should have a pencil sharpener installed.  If there is a problem with the sharpener, please call or email us for repair or replacement.


If you know of a toilet, sink, or water fountain that’s plugged, one that doesn’t operate, or one that is overflowing, please contact Operations right away and we will send someone out to address this.


For minor repairs that are not an emergency, please submit a work order.  If the repair that is required could cause an injury or impact property, please call Operations right away.


Roof leaks are considered an emergency and should be called in as soon as they are noticed.  We will send someone out to check the leak and to address clean up.


If you find you need a sign made, please submit a work order with details on wording.


If you have a chair you need cleaned, submit a work order.  See “Work Order” for instructions on completing this form.  If a chalkboard or markerboard is not being  properly cleaned, please call Operations.

Contact: Louisa Melo, 916-558-2543

Information Service Work Request (ISWR)

If you need a new phone installed, phone extension moved, or change to long distance then this is the form to use.

Most frequently called an “ISWR”, this form is relatively simple to fill out on-line.  We recommend you work through your division/department staff in the completion of these forms.

Please be reminded that, if an emergency situation exists, just give us a call.  We’ll let you know if there is a need for the ISWR form.

Emergencies include:

  1. Phones not operating at all.
  2. Dropped phones where the equipment is damaged
  3. Phone or data jacks that are loose from the wall.

Major Maintenance / Remodels

Major maintenance and remodel projects should go through the Strategic Planning process.

For more information on this, please see your Division Dean or Manager, or contact the Vice President of Administration’s office


A marquee sign is located at the southwest corner (Freeport and Sutterville) of Sacramento City College.  The programming of this sign is done by the Operations Division.

Submitting a Request

If you have a submission you would like displayed on the marquee, please complete the “SCC Marquee Submission Form”.  Fill out the form, email it to your Dean/Manager, and have them email it to the “SCC Marquee” mailbox or to Amy Virdure.

You can also submit these forms in hard copy format.  Simply print the form, obtain the appropriate signature and mail it to the Operations Division.

Called in requests will NOT be accepted.


Please remember that all submissions must be approved by the Manager/Dean and the Operations Manager before they will be considered.

At no time will submissions be accepted that are vulgar, inflammatory, discriminatory, or offensive.


It is recommended that submissions be submitted well in advance to assure appropriate signatures.  Same day submissions must be received before noon if they are to be entered in the system that evening.  If there is a need to cancel a submission, please be sure to do so immediately.


Submissions should be brief, have the title of the event, and date/time it occurs. Editing may be done in Operations and every effort will be given to notify the requestor of the changes prior to display.

The submission will list date to start and date to end.  If there is a need to change these dates, the requestor will notify Operations before noon of change day.

Submissions must be a campus related event.  Outside vendor advertising, off-campus use or related items will not be accepted.  (Contact Operations for more information on this item.)

If you have additional questions, please contact the Operations Division at 916-558-2453, 916-558-2543 or 916-558-2544.



Whether you are moving from one office to another or moving a whole building, there are many areas you need to consider.


Telephones need to be moved, so you’ll need to do an ISWR form.


Contact Computer Services to move computers and peripherals.


Do a work order to move furniture.


These will need to be mounted to your new area, so be sure to add this to the work order.

Surplus (Declaration of Surplus)

If you have furniture and/or equipment you no longer want, you will need to make sure a “Declaration of Surplus” form is completed for those items.

Please the “Office Moves Checklist” for further information.  This is provided as a handy reminder – there is no requirement to submit it.

Property Loss/Damage Reports (PLD)

Property Loss/Damage (PLD) forms are completed when district property is stolen, vandalized, or damaged.  This damage can occur by natural causes or by a person.  The form is filled out, submitted through the Operations Division, then forwarded to the District Office for their review.  This form then generates the reimbursement process, if approved.

If a PLD is approved for reimbursement, please be sure to submit all invoices and supporting documents to Operations so they may be forwarded to the appropriate parties at the District Office.

Records Storage And/Or Shredding

Much of the paperwork we handle is confidential in nature or requires that we keep it for a specific number of years.  This applies to student records, employee records, and purchases, to some degree.

When there is no longer a need to hold these records in your area, it may be time to have them stored or shredded.  In order to accomplish this, you will need to submit a work order and the inventory form.  These must be submitted together.  You will also need to make sure the box has the appropriate end panel.  The directions, the inventory form, and the box end panel are all on-line under “Records Storage and Shredding”.

Surplus (Declaration Of Surplus)

The quickest and best way to have furniture or equipment removed from your area is to do a Surplus Form (Declaration of Surplus).  Simply fill out the form in common language (words we’ll understand), and submit it to your division dean or supervisor.  They will sign the form and forward it to us.  That’s all you need to do!

This form is available on-line and we prefer you use that form as opposed to the NCR form.  It is quicker, simpler, and processes faster.

Our Custodial Department will arrange for pick-up and take it away.

A few things to remember:

  1. Use common descriptions.  If you are surplussing, a Kodak Overhead Projected Inkazoid that turns out to be an overhead camera, start the description with “Overhead Camera”.
  2. Be sure to list the Model Number, Serial Number and LRCCD Asset Tag Number.  If the piece of equipment doesn’t have one or any of these, please put “N/A” (as in not applicable) in the columns.
  3. Location of the equipment or furniture is essential.  If you put the division office down, we’ll go there!  So, where the material is kept is where we need to go.
  4. Without the appropriate signatures, it will not be processed and will likely be returned.

Thank you for your assistance on this.  If you have any questions, please call us at Operations at 916-558-2543 or 916-558-2453.

Revised: 2-20-14

Temperature Regulation

If your area is too hot or too cold, or if there is no air movement, please give Operations a call at 916-558-2543 for a possible adjustment.   We will send out a technician to check the air and if it is hotter than 78 degrees or cooler than 68 degrees, or if the air circulation has become a problem, we will contact our Facilities Management Department to affect a possible change.

Please note that we cannot make any adjustments if the room is between 68 and 78 degrees as mandated by the governor of California, the state chancellor’s office, and our own chancellor.

If you have a complaint of a burning smell or toxic or possibly hazardous odor, please contact us as soon as possible and we will send out appropriate personnel to address it immediately.

Work Orders (WO)

Whether you need a piece of furniture installed, carpet cleaned, or a major remodel, the best way to accomplish these things is to submit a Work Order.  You can do this by filling out the on-line, which is quick and simple!  Fill in the blanks (except for the work order numbers, which we will do), and send it to the dean/manager’s email to forward to us.  We require the work order be forwarded from their email in order for it to be valid.  The dean/manager should then email it to Karen Chewning.  She will assign it a number and send it through the process.

Please be reminded that, if an emergency situation exists, just give us a call.  We’ll let you know if there is a need for a work order.

Emergencies include:

  1. Elevator malfunctions.
  2. Inoperable Phones
  3. Wet spills on slippery surfaces (tile, lino, concrete)
  4. Any situation where failure to remedy it in an hour or day could cause an injury or property damage.
  5. Typewriter and fax repairs.

If you need a telephone installed, a new phone number, changes to your long distance calling ability, or a phone moved, you will need to submit an “Information Services Work Request” form or “ISWR” as it is regularly known.  For more information on these forms, and for requests for computers, see “Information Services Work Requests”.