Sacramento City College charters buses for various trips. Some courses may require students to participate in field trips as a component of the curriculum. If you are interested in requesting a bus for a required field trip please review the information below.
Six weeks prior to the completion of a semester, Operations will send an excel sheet “Bus Requirements Schedule” request to each division for the following semester. Division Deans/Directors will submit this “Pre-Planned” travel back to Operations for scheduling. Once all of the Divisions have submitted their pre-planned trips Operations will forward the consolidated requirements to a contracted bus company for estimated costs. Please note, at this stage in the process trips are not yet confirmed. We request the excel sheet in advance so we can send it over to the bus company for quotes to budget for the upcoming semester.
Divisions will need to complete the Bus Travel Request Form, with appropriate signatures, before trips are confirmed. This form has the appropriate signatures, more detailed information regarding the trip, boarding/drop off locations, overnight accommodations, etc. Once we receive the Bus Travel Request form it is sent to the bus company for a confirmation number and Operations will send a copy back to you/Division. Now your trip is confirmed!
If a trip is determined to be required after the initial submission, it is considered “unplanned” and requires approval from the appropriate VP prior to submission to Operations.
If you need to make changes to your trip, please email Amy Virdure at email@example.com. Please provide your confirmation number and date of the trip.
Campus vehicles may be used for District related business or activities and utilized only by authorized drivers. To become an authorized driver all Los Rios faculty, staff and students/volunteers must complete a DMV Record Release Form and an online defensive driving course.
- Los Rios faculty and staff must complete the DMV Record Release and submit to Operations.
- Students and Volunteers (non Los Rios faculty/staff) may become authorized drivers by completing the Student/Volunteer DMV Record Release and submit to Operations. Students and volunteers must always be accompanied by college faculty/employee during use of the vehicle.
- To enroll in the Online Van Safety Course please have your Dean/Supervisor approve staff, students and/or volunteers to take the training via email to Amy Virdure. Please provide emails as the training information, login and password is sent to the requester’s email.
- Once approved, Operations will assign training and requester will receive an email from AlertDriving including their login information and instructions for completing the course.
- Completion of the course and DMV Record Release submission completes the process. An email will be sent to requester notifying when they are approved to drive District Vehicles.
Note: Training and DMV documentation takes approximately 2 to 4 weeks for processing.
Online Van Safety Course must be renewed every 3 years
DMV Record Release form must be renewed every 2 years.
Please see District Vehicle Use R-8343 for additional information.
Reserving District Vehicles
To reserve a vehicle, authorized drivers must submit a Travel Form to their Dean for approval and forwarding to Operations. Reservations are on a first come, first served basis.