SCC has received reaffirmation of accreditation from the ACCJC.
Read the February 5, 2016 letter here.
View the accompanying External Evaluation Report here.
|Use the links in the yellow “Accreditation Year” menu to view specific-year Accreditation information.|
Sacramento City College is accredited by the ACCJC.
The ACCJC is an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. Institutional Accreditation is public certification that institutions meet defined standards of quality and responsibility. Additional information about accreditation, including the filing of complaints against member institutions, can be found at: www.accjc.org.
The last ACCJC Accreditation site visit to Sacramento City College occurred October 5-8, 2015. Go to the SCC’s 2015 Accreditation webpage for additional details.
Prior to that visit, a self-evaluation was written based on the ACCJC’s most-current accreditation standards (adopted June 2002, revised June 2012, edited November 2012).
Sacramento City College is currently working to prepare a follow-up report in response to the 2015 accreditation visit. In addition, all colleges are required to submit a Midterm Report in the third year after a comprehensive evaluation. SCC last submitted a Midterm Report in Fall 2012 and the next will be due in 2018. The next comprehensive evaluation of SCC will occur in 2021.
Prior-year accreditation information and reports are available via the links in the yellow “Accreditation Year” menu.
Contact our SCC Accreditation Liaison Officer, Dr. Marybeth Buechner, firstname.lastname@example.org, with questions or comments.
Reports to ACCJC
In addition to the above-mentioned Accreditation reports, SCC also files additional reports with the ACCJC on an ongoing basis. These include Annual Reports, Substantive Change Reports, and various other filings.
Use the following link to view these reports…
SCC Reports to ACCJC
A number of SCC programs have additional accreditation through industry or governmental groups. Follow the webpage links for additional information.
- The Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) Program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Educate (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA).
- The Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) Program is accredited by the commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
- The Associate Degree Nursing Program is accredited by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN), a specialized accrediting body from the California Department of Consumer Affairs, established by law to protect the public by regulating the practice of registered nurses.
- The Vocational Nursing Program is accredited by the California Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians, a specialized accrediting body from the Department of Consumer Affairs, that protects the consumer from unprofessional and unsafe licensed vocational nurses and psychiatric technicians.
- The Dental Assisting Program is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association, a specialized accrediting body recognized by the United States Department of Education.
- The Dental Hygiene Program is accredited by the Commission of Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association, a specialized accrediting body recognized by the United States Department of Education.