Questions or comments can be sent to the SCC Accreditation Liaison Officer, Dr. Marybeth Buechner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Institutional Accreditation is public certification that institutions meet defined standards of quality and responsibility.
Sacramento City College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, Western Association of Schools and Colleges, 10 Commercial Blvd., Suite 204, Novato, CA 94949, (415) 506-0234, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. Additional information about accreditation, including the filing of complaints against member institutions, can be found at: www.accjc.org
The last ACCJC Accreditation site visit to Sacramento City College occurred October 5-8, 2015. Prior to that visit, a self-evaluation was written based on the 2002 accreditation standards (standards adopted June 2002, revised June 2012, edited November 2012). The 2015 Self-Evaluation, as well as older accreditation documents can be found by using the links in the left menu bar of this page. We will receive a final report with any commission recommendations in early 2016. SCC files an Annual Report with ACCJC each year and occasionally files Substantive Change Reports reflecting specific types of changes to college programs, modalities, and locations. All colleges are required to submit a Midterm Report in the third year after a comprehensive evaluation. SCC submitted a Midterm Report in Fall 2012. (Documents are posted and can be found by using the links in the left menu bar.)
A number of SCC programs have additional accreditation through industry or governmental groups. The webpages for Nursing, Physical Therapy Assistant, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Dental Hygiene, and Dental Assisting programs contain additional information.
- OTA: The Occupational Therapy Assistant Program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Educate (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), located at 4720 Montgomery Lane, Suite 200, Bethesda, MD, 20814-3449. ACOTE’s phone number, c/o AOTA, is 301-652-AOTA. Their web address is www.acoteonline.org. The program at Sacramento City College is accredited through 2019/2020.
- The Physical Therapist Assistant program at Sacramento City College is accredited by the commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314; telephone: 703-706-3245; email:email@example.com; website: http://www.capteonline.org.
- The Associate Degree Nursing program is accredited by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN), a specialized accrediting body from the Department of Consumer Affairs, established by law to protect the public by regulating the practice of registered nurses. The BRN is responsible for implementation and enforcement of the Nursing Practice Act: the laws related to nursing education, licensure, practice, and discipline. The BRN can be contacted at the following phone number: (916) 322-3350 and website http://www.rn.ca.gov/about_us/whatisbrn.shtml, or at the following address P.O. Box 944210, Sacramento, CA 94244-2100.
- The Vocational Nursing Program is accredited by the California Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians (Board), a specialized accrediting body from the Department of Consumer Affairs, that protects the consumer from unprofessional and unsafe licensed vocational nurses (LVNs) and psychiatric technicians (PTs). Public protection is the highest priority of the Board in exercising its licensing, regulatory and disciplinary functions. The Board can be contacted at the following phone number: (916) 263-7800 and website http://www.bvnpt.ca.gov/ , or at the following address: 2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 205, Sacramento, CA 95833.
- The Dental Assisting program is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association, a specialized accrediting body recognized by the United States Department of Education. The Commission on Dental Accreditation can be contacted at 312-440-4653 or at 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60611
- The Dental Hygiene program is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association. The Commission is a specialized accrediting body recognized by the United States Department of Education and can be contacted at 211 East Chicago Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60611.
The next comprehensive evaluation of SCC will occur in Fall 2015. The college is currently working to prepare a Self-Evaluation Report and accompanying evidence that will be submitted to ACCJC prior to that visit. Additional information can be found at the 2015 Accreditation link on left menu bar of this page.
Please contact the SCC Accreditation Liaison Officer If you have further questions regarding SCC’s Accreditation.