If you are having issues with the WordPress Admin Menu displaying overlapped, out of order or large spaces between menu items in the Chrome web browser there is a fix.
- Inside Chrome copy and paste “chrome://flags/#disable-slimming-paint” into the address bar and press the Enter/Return button on your keyboard
- Look for the “Disable slimming paint” option and if you see an “Enable” link click on it to enable the option
- Make sure “Enable slimming paint” is disabled. There should be an “Enable” link visible, do NOT click the “Enable” link. If you see a “Disable” link click on that.
- Make sure “Enable slimming paint phase 2” is disabled. Some versions of Chrome don’t have this option so if you don’t see it just ignore this step. There should be an “Enable” link visible, do NOT click the “Enable” link. If you see a “Disable” link click on that.
Confused by steps 2-4. See the screenshot of what your settings should look like
- Your done, close the window or tab and restart Chrome.
This info was pulled from the WPtavern blog.