Through Service-Learning assignments students often realize that they are in control of, and responsible for, their own learning. For many instructors this is the ultimate reward.
To Offer A Service-Learning Option Follow These Easy Steps:
If you are considering a Service-Learning option in your course(s), contact Nicholas Miller and arrange a meeting to:
- consult about placement for your students.
- integrate cohesive Service-Learning assignments and curriculum in your course.
Please allow adequate time to:
- establish placement.
- add information about Service-Learning to your syllabus.
- add the Service-Learning verbiage in the Class Schedule for your course listing(s).
Service-Learning Objectives for Faculty
Participating in Service-Learning gives Faculty the opportunity to:
- incorporate innovative and creative teaching methods.
- inspire individual faculty interests and enthusiasm.
- provide proven student retention in course(s).
- engage and motivates students.
- establish connections between theory and application.
- build community and college relationships.
- contribute to the community.
- boost interdisciplinary and collaborative partnerships.
- foster a culture of student participation and leadership on campus.
- promote an environment that encourages personal and civic responsibility.