Special Elections on Measure A: Universal Transit Pass (UTP):
Measure A UPDATE:
The contract with Regional Transit is scheduled to expire in November 2016. Negotiations to continue the Universal Transit Pass program for five more years took place over the past year. At the completion of negotiations, a student election for the renewal was held September 22-23, 2015.
The results of the recently held student election are as follows:
Measure A: Universal Transit Pass
|Choice||View Raw Votes||Votes||Percentage|
Passed: Now that the students have approved the agreement, the item will be brought to the Los Rios Community College District Board of Trustees for ratification at the October 21st meeting. We are pleased that students will be receiving a UTP pass (valued at $500) for less than $32, and will now have the opportunity to purchase a summer pass for a flat rate of $10. This pass helps students who don’t have cars by giving them inexpensive access to transit as well as students that do have cars by opening up parking spaces, and helps all of us by reducing pollution and traffic.
Thank you all for promoting this important election and to all the students for taking the time to vote.
Mid Year Appointments:
If you are interested in joining the Student Association, including the Clubs and Events Board and the Student Senate, please click on the What is the Student Associated Council link for more appointment information. For the appointment forms please see the SAC Forms menu to left.
Spring 2016 Election for the 2016-17 Academic Year:
- February 23 – Election Information, petitions, and related documents available
- March 1 – Candidate Orientation
- March 15 – Election Petitions due
- April 5-13 – Campaign period
- April 5 – Candidate Forum
- April 7 – Candidate Forum
- April 12 – Election and Barbecue
- April 13 – Election
- April 14-15- Election results posted, upon verification
General Election Period: April 12-13, 2016; Election Hours: 7:00 am – 11:30 pm via eServices. Only currently enrolled students are eligible to vote in these elections.
Election information and forms to be updated and available by February 23, 2016.
- Election Timeline (PDF)
- Voter Guide
- Online Voting Instructions
- Candidate Information Sheet (PDF)
- Required Candidate Forms:
- Candidate Forum Guide (PDF) (May be updated)
- Campaign Information (PDF) (May be updated)
- Election/Campaign Violation Report (PDF) (May be updated)
- SCC Student Associated Council Constitution (PDF)
- Clubs and Events Board Bylaws (PDF)
- Student Senate Bylaws (PDF)
- ARC, CRC, FLC, and Student Trustee Election Information (May be updated)
- Hard copies available upon request in South Gym 226.
- All other accommodations may be requested by contacting Student Leadership and Development or DSP&S at 916-558-2087.
For additional information, contact: