FLEX THIS WEEK:
Professional Development Needs Assessment & Wants Survey (We Want Your Feedback!) Due by Friday, May 2nd
CAMPUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT EVENTS:
IN THE NEWS:
The Chronicle for Higher Education
Inside Higher Education
Community College Journal
Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges
Los Rios Student Success Update
A Los Rios Student Success Spring News Update, Keeping you informed: A new Los Rios Student Success newsletter
QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
April 28, 2014
Take time to laugh … it’s the music of the soul.
“Trust is the foundation of positive relationships and learning. When we trust one other, expressing feelings demonstrates what matters to them.” Here are some strategies for growing trust and connecting with students and colleagues:
- Listen and respond so that the other person knows you care about her/him.
- Make personal connections when possible. This allows the other individual to feel a part of the broader community.
- Keep the promises you make so we can depend on one another.
- Make expectations known so that the other individual feels safe and secure.
- Acknowledge and accept other’s emotions so they can learn that it is safe to share their feelings.
- In all, these factors become pathways to student success.