IN THE NEWS:
The Sacramento Bee
The Washington Post
The Chronicle for Higher Education
The Gallup-Purdue Index Report
Inside Higher Education
Los Rios Student Success Update
A Los Rios Student Success Spring News Update, Keeping you informed: A new Los Rios Student Success newsletter
The RP Group
Color blind or color brave?
QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
Educators across the Counter Top of Service & Job Satisfaction
May 12, 2014
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Tapping broadly into educators’ intrinsic motivation…
“An integral part of the leadership role is guiding educators’ to build opportunities for enrichment and personal achievement. Here are some questions you can ask educators to help them become reflective practitioners and take ownership of their job satisfaction and professional growth:
- What is the most fulfilling part of your job?
- What talents, skills, special competencies, and unique contributions do you bring to the the learner?
- Do you have an opportunity every day to do what you do best?
- What keeps you from being as effective as you would like to be in your position?
- If you had the power to change anything about your job, what would you change?”