The Staff Resource Center offers professional development through a variety of resources. For your convenience, this database provides a compilation of these resources in multiple types.
To access forms and documents not related to Professional Development please visit the SCC Forms & Documents Database.
Items starting with #
- 100th Anniversary Planning Kickoff11/2014Flex/PD - FallNovember 19, 2015. The event will include a short presentation on some institutional ideas already being worked on, and we will show how you can help make the year-long celebration a rousing success.
- 10th Annual Celebration of Excellence & Achievement for Students of African Descent04/2015Flex/PD - SpringThis Celebration of Excellence & Achievement ceremony recognizes students who are receiving degrees, certificates, and/or transferring to a 4-year university.
- 2014 Student Success Act Brochure04/2014Articles and PublicationsThis comprehensive plan, known as the Student Success Initiative, focuses on our core missions of workforce preparation, remediation, transfer to four-year colleges and universities, and degree and certificate completion.
- 2015 Education and Employment Forum01/2016Flex/PD - FallPlease join us in celebrating Employment of People with Disabilities month. At 79% people with disabilities have the highest rate of unemployment or underemployment.
- 3 Key Findings About College Admissions05/2015Articles and PublicationsThose are a few of the challenges described in a new report from the National Association for College Admission Counseling, known as NACAC. The report suggests that enrollment leaders must be "nimble and fluid," says Jeff Fuller, director of student recruitment at the University of Houston: "Today it’s about being flexible.
- 3CMeNow – Video Conferencing - Fall 2014 Flex - CANCELED05/2014Flex/PD - FallAugust 20, 2014. Presented by Jory Hadsell. From your smartphone or mobile tablet, you can attend a meeting and view video and slide presentations. Learn more about this new, free tool for all faculty and staff. THIS WORKSHOP HAS BEEN CANCELED.
- 4th Annual Los Rios Community College District Employee Health Fair09/2014Flex/PD - FallJoin us at this year’s Los Rios Community College District Faculty & Staff Health & Benefits Fair. The event will include information about the Living Healthy Los Rios Wellness Program, health insurance, health screenings, nutrition, fitness, financial health and retirement.
- 7th Annual SCC Health Fair04/2014Face-to-Face Event (Non-Flex/PD)April 24, 2014. All Day. SCC Quad. 7th Annual SCC health fair. Many exhibits including the human sexuality service learning class will be in the quad by city cafe.
- 8th Annual SCC EarthWeek04/2014Flex/PD - SpringPlease join us at the 8th Annual SCC EarthWeek from 10:00-3:00 on Tuesday, April 22 and Wednesday, April 23 in the Quad. There will be more than thirty booths presenting information and demonstrations from non-profit, government, private-sector, and SCC campus representatives.
- ‘This Case Shouldn’t Be Here Again’: Activists Outside the Supreme Court on ‘Fisher’ and Race01/2016Articles and PublicationsAs the justices heard oral arguments on race-conscious admissions, protesters discussed links between college access and the demonstrations over racial climate that have recently roiled campuses.