The Staff Resource Center offers professional development through a variety of resources. For your convenience, this database provides a compilation of these resources in multiple types.
To access forms and documents not related to Professional Development please visit the SCC Forms & Documents Database.
Items starting with B
- Back to School by Mike Rose (1/30/14)02/2014Flex/PD - SpringOur round table discussion will focus on Rose’s interpretations and our role in community college in promoting student success
- Back to School by Mike Rose (12/12/13)03/2014Flex/PD - FallOur last discussion will focus on the recent publication by Mike Rose, “Back To School, Why Everyone Deserves a Second Chance at Education”, An Argument for Democratizing Knowledge in America.
- Benefits of Free10/2014Articles and PublicationsMomentum and criticism build for tuition-free community college plans, but even some skeptics say scholarships in Tennessee and Chicago could bring in more low-income students.
- Better Late Than Never?05/2014Articles and PublicationsOne way community colleges can help more students graduate is by eliminating the option of registering late for courses, research has found.
- Biden Announces Drive to Award Credit for Apprenticeships04/2014Articles and PublicationsA new consortium of business and labor leaders and colleges will help workers earn associate and bachelor’s degrees more quickly.
- Blended Learning: Integrating Online and Face-to-Face Courses03/2014Articles and PublicationsBlended learning entails more than simply replacing class time with online course elements or supplementing an online course with face-to-face meetings. To be successful, the online and face-to-face modes need to be integrated by taking into account the learning objectives of each mode and deliberately linking what occurs in each mode.
- Book Share Round Table - "Back To School"03/2014Flex/PD - SpringApril 3, 2014: 12-1pm. LRC 308 “Back To School, Why Everyone Deserves a Second Chance at Education”, An Argument for Democratizing Knowledge in America, By Mike Rose
- Brown Bag with Brian10/2014Flex/PD - FallNov. 3, 2014. 12:00pm-1:00pm. All faculty, staff and students are invited to join Chancellor Brian King for an informal conversation. Please don’t miss this opportunity to engage with our chancellor. You are welcome to bring your own lunch. Lemonade, iced tea and cookies will be provided. If you would like to email any questions or comments prior to the event, please send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BSI Update03/2014Flex/PD - SpringMarch 6, 2014. Attending this workshop will update you on the progress of the Basic Skills Initiative here at Sacramento City College, as well as what's happening in our state.
- Building Community and Creating Relevance in the Online Classroom09/2014Articles and PublicationsRemember feeling nervous before starting your first day on the job? You may have experienced butterflies in your stomach, had questions about expectations, or concerns about learning the rules and finding information. Students feel the same way with a new professor, regardless if the class is face-to-face or online. With technology, you can reduce new-class jitters and get your students on track for success.