The Staff Resource Center offers professional development through a variety of resources. For your convenience, this database provides a compilation of these resources in multiple types.
To access forms and documents not related to Professional Development please visit the SCC Forms & Documents Database.
Items starting with E
- Education and Consumerism: Using Students’ Assumptions to Challenge Their Thinking05/2014Articles and PublicationsRather than fight this flawed consumer paradigm mentality, I present the consumer model during one of our first class sessions and engage students.
- Embracing Advancement: Fundraising03/2014Articles and PublicationsHow to build a strong internal fundraising machine.
- Embracing the Creative Side of Teaching03/2014Articles and PublicationsThe longer I teach, the more I see teaching as a highly creative endeavor. Initially, a more mechanical view prevailed for me. In my earlier years as a teacher, I undertook a more formula-like approach by following a behaviorist stance of stimulus-response. If I do X, then my students would do Y, I reasoned. Of course, teaching is never that simple.
- Emergency Preparedness Workshop03/2014Flex/PD - SpringFeb. 28, 2014. Presented Captain Day and Sergeant Lampano, SCC Police.
- Employee Assistance Program03/2014Flex/PD - OnlineLearn how you can get free access to a thirty-minute session with an attorney. • Get help finding daycare. • Dealing with elder care issues • Answer concerns about retirement
- Ending the Blockade is Gaza and Sexual Harassment in the Millitary03/2014Flex/PD - OnlineColonel Ann Wright speaks about the experiences of women in the military, and her activism for rights for Palestinians in the Gaza Strip.
- Equity Training for the Hiring Process - Fall 2014 Flex05/2014Flex/PD - FallAugust 21, 2014. Presented by Julia Jolly. This two-hour training workshop prepares equity representatives to serve on hiring committees for all constituency groups. The training additionally serves as a forum for input from the campus community on hiring processes and how they can be improved.
- Ergonomics: Working Smart = Working Well03/2014Flex/PD - OnlineEffective and successful “fits” assure high productivity, avoidance of illness and injury risks, and increased satisfaction among the workforce.
- Examining Your Multiple-Choice Questions03/2014Articles and PublicationsAs class sizes have grown and the demands on teacher time expanded, multiple-choice questions have become the favorite testing tool in higher education.
- Expanding the Definition of a Flipped Learning Environment03/2014Articles and PublicationsThe term flipped classroom has become a hot topic in higher education. Ideas about and opinions about flipped learning environments vary.
- Exploring the Link Between SCC Evidence and Accreditation09/2014Flex/PD - OnlinePresented by Adrian Chevraux-FitzHugh and Sarah Eyanson, defining the term "evidence" and put it into perspective with respect to accreditation.
- Exploring the Link between SCC Evidence and Accreditation - Fall 2014 Flex08/2014Flex/PD - FallAugust 21, 2014. Presented by Adrian Chevraux FitzHugh & Members of PRIE Committee. SCC is gearing up to write the Self-Evaluation for our next accreditation visit. We thought that it might be useful to define that term "evidence" and put it into perspective with respect to accreditation.