The Staff Resource Center offers professional development through a variety of resources. For your convenience, this database provides a compilation of these resources in multiple types.
To access forms and documents not related to Professional Development please visit the SCC Forms & Documents Database.
Items starting with E
- Education and Consumerism: Using Students’ Assumptions to Challenge Their Thinking05/2014Articles and PublicationsRather than fight this flawed consumer paradigm mentality, I present the consumer model during one of our first class sessions and engage students.
- Education and Employment for People with Disabilities-forum Thursday noon PAC 10410/2014Flex/PD - FallOctober 23, 2014. 12:00pm - 1:00pm. In honor of Employment of People with Disabilities month, we are holding our annual fall forum which we call Education and Employment for People with Disabilities. At noon this Thursday we will have a panel of students and former students who will discuss their experiences in internships and getting jobs.
- Embracing Advancement: Fundraising03/2014Articles and PublicationsHow to build a strong internal fundraising machine.
- Embracing the Creative Side of Teaching03/2014Articles and PublicationsThe longer I teach, the more I see teaching as a highly creative endeavor. Initially, a more mechanical view prevailed for me. In my earlier years as a teacher, I undertook a more formula-like approach by following a behaviorist stance of stimulus-response. If I do X, then my students would do Y, I reasoned. Of course, teaching is never that simple.
- Emergency Preparedness Workshop03/2014Flex/PD - SpringFeb. 28, 2014. Presented Captain Day and Sergeant Lampano, SCC Police.
- Employee Assistance Program03/2014Flex/PD - OnlinePLEASE COMPLETE (LINKED) ONLINE WORKSHOP EVALUATION FORM. Learn how you can get free access to a thirty-minute session with an attorney. • Get help finding daycare. • Dealing with elder care issues • Answer concerns about retirement
- Ending the Blockade is Gaza and Sexual Harassment in the Millitary03/2014Flex/PD - OnlinePLEASE COMPLETE (LINKED) ONLINE WORKSHOP EVALUATION FORM. Colonel Ann Wright speaks about the experiences of women in the military, and her activism for rights for Palestinians in the Gaza Strip.
- Equity Training for the Hiring Process - Fall 2014 Flex05/2014Flex/PD - FallAugust 21, 2014. Presented by Julia Jolly. This two-hour training workshop prepares equity representatives to serve on hiring committees for all constituency groups. The training additionally serves as a forum for input from the campus community on hiring processes and how they can be improved.
- Examining Your Multiple-Choice Questions03/2014Articles and PublicationsAs class sizes have grown and the demands on teacher time expanded, multiple-choice questions have become the favorite testing tool in higher education.
- Expanding the Definition of a Flipped Learning Environment03/2014Articles and PublicationsThe term flipped classroom has become a hot topic in higher education. Ideas about and opinions about flipped learning environments vary.
- Exploring the Link Between SCC Evidence and Accreditation09/2014Flex/PD - OnlinePLEASE COMPLETE (LINKED) ONLINE WORKSHOP EVALUATION FORM. Presented by Adrian Chevraux-FitzHugh and Sarah Eyanson, defining the term "evidence" and put it into perspective with respect to accreditation.
- Exploring the Link between SCC Evidence and Accreditation - Fall 2014 Flex08/2014Flex/PD - FallAugust 21, 2014. Presented by Adrian Chevraux FitzHugh & Members of PRIE Committee. SCC is gearing up to write the Self-Evaluation for our next accreditation visit. We thought that it might be useful to define that term "evidence" and put it into perspective with respect to accreditation.