The Staff Resource Center offers professional development through a variety of resources. For your convenience, this database provides a compilation of these resources in multiple types.
To access forms and documents not related to Professional Development please visit the SCC Forms & Documents Database.
Items starting with G
- Get Funded09/2014Articles and PublicationsWe kick off Grant-Writing Week with a post on the F31 grant from the NIH.
- Get Your Slice of the Pie: With Declines in Funding, Colleges Compete With Other Worthy Causes for Public Funds03/2014Articles and PublicationsFollow link to read more.
- Google Apps - Fall 2014 Flex - CANCELED05/2014Flex/PD - FallAugust 20, 2014. Presented by Daniel Gilbert-Valencia. Discover a better way of learning. Free Web-based email, calendar & documents for collaborative study anytime, anywhere. THIS WORKSHOP HAS BEEN CANCELED.
- Google Apps for Education10/2014Flex/PD - OnlinePLEASE COMPLETE (LINKED) ONLINE WORKSHOP EVALUATION FORM. December 3, 2014. Daniel Gilbert-Valencia. Don’t be the last person carrying a USB thumb drive! In this workshop you will see how Google Drive & Docs can be used to save you time, increase efficiency, and back up your data. You will also learn a few tricks for student engagement and collaboration. Please register. Space is limited to 10 participants.
- Google Apps: Learning about the use of SCC’s Drive, Calendar and Sites03/2014Flex/PD - SpringMarch 28, 2014. Come and learning about SCC’s Google Apps. Orientation to accessing it for student use, while providing use of google’s version of a word suite, the use of docs, the value of building digital portfolios, and much more will be provided.
- Great Teachers Seminar05/2014Flex/PD - FallAugust 3-8, 2014. Presented by Faculty Association of California Community Colleges.
- Group Work Challenge: Assessing Team Members09/2014Articles and PublicationsThe problem with these systems is that the feedback they provide lacks specificity. Students don’t know what they are doing that accounts for the score they’ve received, and this makes improvement less likely.
- Guiding Students to Think Critically Using Case Studies03/2014Articles and PublicationsOne of the best practices in teaching and learning is the use of a three-part case study, or a scenario-based story, to help students deepen their understanding of a concept.