The Staff Resource Center offers professional development through a variety of resources. For your convenience, this database provides a compilation of these resources in multiple types.
To access forms and documents not related to Professional Development please visit the SCC Forms & Documents Database.
Items starting with G
- Get Funded09/2014Articles and PublicationsWe kick off Grant-Writing Week with a post on the F31 grant from the NIH.
- Get Your Slice of the Pie: With Declines in Funding, Colleges Compete With Other Worthy Causes for Public Funds03/2014Articles and PublicationsFollow link to read more.
- Google Apps - Fall 2014 Flex - CANCELED05/2014Flex/PD - FallAugust 20, 2014. Presented by Daniel Gilbert-Valencia. Discover a better way of learning. Free Web-based email, calendar & documents for collaborative study anytime, anywhere. THIS WORKSHOP HAS BEEN CANCELED.
- Google Apps: Learning about the use of SCC’s Drive, Calendar and Sites03/2014Flex/PD - SpringMarch 28, 2014. Come and learning about SCC’s Google Apps. Orientation to accessing it for student use, while providing use of google’s version of a word suite, the use of docs, the value of building digital portfolios, and much more will be provided.
- Great Teachers Seminar05/2014Flex/PD - FallAugust 3-8, 2014. Presented by Faculty Association of California Community Colleges.
- Guiding Students to Think Critically Using Case Studies03/2014Articles and PublicationsOne of the best practices in teaching and learning is the use of a three-part case study, or a scenario-based story, to help students deepen their understanding of a concept.