The Staff Resource Center offers professional development through a variety of resources. For your convenience, this database provides a compilation of these resources in multiple types.
To access forms and documents not related to Professional Development please visit the SCC Forms & Documents Database.
Items starting with M
- Managing Personal Finances Workshop - Summer 201408/2014Flex/PD - SummerTuesday, July 8, 2014. Presented by Kim Handy.
- Maria Regalado and Student Learning Outcomes Assessment Committee (SLOAC) Members03/2014Flex/PD - SpringFeb. 20, 2014. Maria Regalado and Student Learning Outcomes Assessment Committee (SLOAC) members will be present to discuss and assist with SLO course and program assessment reporting.
- Math Month Festivities04/2014Flex/PD - SpringApril is Math Month and SCC is celebrating! Wednesday, April 9 is a day of fun math-positive events on campus! We have commitments for A geometric hair- braiding demo, Sidewalk chalk spirographing, An interactive display of Fibonacci poetry, A human sundial activity, An activity on how to read Roman numerals, A math tattoo slideshow.
- McGraw Education SmartBook & Connect Workshop03/2014Flex/PD - SpringMarch 20, 2014. SmartBook is the first and only adaptive reading experience available for the higher education market. SmartBook facilitates the reading process by identifying what content a student knows and doesn’t know.
- Meet the People Who Shaped Higher Education This Year02/2014Articles and PublicationsThese individuals made their mark through the courts, through the power of an idea, through the act of writing an open letter, even in death.
- Membership of American Studies Association Endorses Boycott of Israel02/2014Articles and PublicationsTwo-thirds of the voting members backed the leadership's decision, in a move that shows deep divisions in academe over the tactic.
- Motivating Students: Should Effort Count?08/2014Articles and Publicationshow do we motivate students to put forth the effort—to go beyond the minimum in the first case, and to try, multiples times and in multiple ways, before concluding that effort is always trumped by ability in the second.
- Moving a Face-to-Face Course Online without Losing Student Engagement04/2014Articles and PublicationsThe rapid growth and popularity of online learning is necessitating the creation of online courses that actively engage learners. Research has shown that effective integration of multimedia that is content relevant and pedagogically sound can be a valuable teaching tool for facilitating student learning (Mandernach, 2009).
- Moving Pakistan Towards Sustainability: Challenges, Successes, and Visions04/2014Flex/PD - SpringTuesday, April 22, 2014 - Noon-1pm. PAC 124. Presented by Ms. Munazza Naqvi, Hubert H. Humphrey Fellow, 2013-14, Program Officer, Environment & Climate Change Unit, United Nations Development Program (UNDP), Pakistan. In her current position at UNDP, she develops new programs on sustainable transportation and energy efficiency.
- Must Deans Be Silent?05/2014Articles and PublicationsFiring of a dean sets off debate over whether academic leaders must always publicly back the positions of their presidents.