The Staff Resource Center offers professional development through a variety of resources. For your convenience, this database provides a compilation of these resources in multiple types.
To access forms and documents not related to Professional Development please visit the SCC Forms & Documents Database.
Items starting with O
- Obama and Biden Promote $550-Million in New Job-Training Funds04/2014Articles and PublicationsCommunity colleges will be able to compete for the grant money, to help prepare workers for in-demand positions.
- Obama Proposes Incentives for Student Success03/2014Articles and PublicationsThe president seeks funds to reward states and colleges, raise the maximum Pell Grant, and expand an income-based student-loan repayment option.
- Obama Puts Focus on Job Growth and Training Programs02/2014Articles and PublicationsHis State of the Union address touted other education initiatives of his administration but avoided the criticism of college costs prominent in previous speeches.
- Office Fitness and Workplace Exercises - Summer 201406/2014Flex/PD - SummerThursday, June 12, 2014. 10:00am-10:30am and 10:30am-11:00am. Presented by Brody Choy in City Cafe #2.
- Oh, the Humanities! Disciplines Survived, Even Thrived, Despite Recession09/2014Articles and PublicationsFor humanities departments that are still struggling with the lingering effects of the 2008 recession, it appears no news is the best news.
- One Piece of the Whole, Teacher Evaluation as a part of a Comprehensive System for Teaching and Learning03/2014Articles and PublicationsAs we embark on widespread teacher evaluation reforms, it is crucial for schools, teachers, and students that new policies not substitute new problems for familiar ones, but that we instead use this moment of transformation to get teacher evaluation right.
- Overcoming the Imposter Syndrome: Advice for New Faculty09/2014Articles and PublicationsLast week, an imposter took over my classroom. Come to find out, that imposter was me. On paper it sounded straightforward: teach others the same material I just finished learning myself. I could do that, I told myself confidently. Then on the first day of class I met The Imposter.