The Staff Resource Center offers professional development through a variety of resources. For your convenience, this database provides a compilation of these resources in multiple types.
To access forms and documents not related to Professional Development please visit the SCC Forms & Documents Database.
Items starting with P
- PERS Retirement Workshop09/2014Flex/PD - FallPlease join us for our semi-annual PERS Retirement Workshop to be held at the District Office Board Room. This workshop will contain presentations on the Los Rios Retiree Medical Program, PERS Retirement and Social Security.* There will also be time available for questions. To registerfor this workshop, please forward your supervisor’s e-mail approval to attend to Kris Kurk in the Employee Benefits Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Planning for Next Semester, A Syllabus Review04/2014Flex/PD - Spring"This workshop will be conducted as a round table discussion. Please bring three (3) copies of your current syllabus to trade with other faculty members. We will review syllabi from the perspectives of students, faculty, and administrators to create a document that provides a solid basis for course management."
- Practice and Student Support (Part One)03/2014Flex/PD - OnlineSupporting Student Success in the Inter-generational Classroom.
- Practice and Student Support (Part Two)03/2014Flex/PD - OnlineA Study of Returning Women Students: Insights for Classroom.
- Preparing for the Performance Review Process08/2014Flex/PD - FallPresented by Annette Barfield (SCC Campus LRCFT President) and Ginni May (SCC Campus Academic Senate President), these workshops will present information and guidance pertinent for faculty serving in the capacity as a peer evaluator and faculty undergoing the review process.
- President Emerita Shares Videos on Teaching First-Generation Students05/2014Articles and PublicationsThrough a series of videos describing classroom strategies, Ms. Ross, 72, is helping professors and administrators develop skills that foster degree completion among such students.
- President Jeffery's Convocation Address - Fall 201408/2014Articles and PublicationsPlan it. Work it. Finish it. A 360 Approach to Student and College Success.
- Productivity or Sexism?08/2014Articles and PublicationsIn discussions about the gender gap among tenured professors at research universities, there is little dispute that there are far more men than women with tenure in most disciplines. But why?
- Professional Development Coordination (4/2/14)04/2014Face-to-Face Event (Non-Flex/PD)April 2, 2014. LRC-105. Professional Development Coordination meeting organized by the Staff Resource Center and hosted by Norman Lorenz.
- Professional Development, CCCCO Report Fall 201304/2014Articles and PublicationsRecommendations to Revitalize and Re-envision? Professional Development in the California Community Colleges.
- Push to Reform Remedial Education Raises Difficult Questions for Colleges04/2014Articles and PublicationsEducators worry that state-mandated efforts to streamline noncredit courses will hurt the students least prepared for college.
- Putting Community Colleges to Work04/2014Articles and PublicationsThe White House talks up $550 million in job training programs aimed at community colleges, including $100 million in new funding for apprenticeships.
- Putting Students in the Driver’s Seat: Technology Projects to Decrease08/2014Articles and PublicationsWhat if we let students drive? Putting students in control may seem a bit frightening. The students will not be nearly as smooth in their driving as we are. We will not be able to reach the brake if things go badly. But learning to drive requires time behind the wheel, and learning course material requires that students become co-creators of knowledge rather than recipients of information.