The Staff Resource Center offers professional development through a variety of resources. For your convenience, this database provides a compilation of these resources in multiple types.
To access forms and documents not related to Professional Development please visit the SCC Forms & Documents Database.
Items starting with Y
- You're the SLO Reporter--What Do You Do? - Fall 2014 Flex05/2014Flex/PD - FallAugust 21, 2014. Presented by SLOAC Committee Members. Featuring the latest updates on reporting course & student services unit student learning outcomes (SLOs). For faculty & student services staff who have volunteered to serve as SLO reporters for an instructional dept or student services unit.
- Your Future Starts Here. Or Here. Or Here.05/2016Articles and PublicationsTo sell themselves, colleges try to stand out. But often, their marketing efforts look practically identical.
- Your Online Course Usability - 10 Ways to Kick it Up a Notch (Webinar)05/2015Flex/PD - OnlineParticipate in this fun and upbeat webinar hosted by Rechelle and Katie for an idea sharing session on how to implement Universal Design for Learning principles in your online course.
- Your Students, Our Students, Everyone’s Students (Discussion & Student Panel)09/2015Flex/PD - FallWe will discuss the many facets of our students. DSPS and C2C supports will be described. A panel of students will discuss what helps and what hinders their success in the classroom.
- You’re Asking the Wrong Question04/2015Articles and PublicationsYou’re asking the wrong question. No, seriously, you’re probably asking the wrong question. Yeah, that’s a pretty bold statement. But I’ve read tens of thousands of questions meant to prompt discussions in online course rooms, and the odds are I am right.
- You’re Going to Want to Write This Down05/2016Articles and PublicationsOn a more-or-less regular basis, I find myself looking for something that I’ve written about in the newsletter or blog, which I only vaguely remember. Inevitably, my search leads me to something else that I’ve completely forgotten… and it is such a good idea or such an interesting finding. How could I have forgotten it? I kick myself, and resolve to work harder to remember this good stuff.