The Film certificate will provide the opportunity for a core foundation in various aspects of film production. The collaborative nature of filmmaking will be taught through classroom presentations and hands-on crew experiences. The process allows students to explore both the creative and technical aspects of production. Students learn an appreciation of film as a medium of communication. This certificate focuses on hands-on production and the understanding of the film making process.
Skills learned in this program could lead to employment in the following fields:
Production Management, Camera (i.e. Director of Photography, Camera Operator), Lighting (i.e. Rigger, Lighting Technician), Sound (i.e. Production Mixer, Boom Operator), Grip, Set Decoration, Production Design, Props, Make-Up, Film Editing, Acting, and Directing.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- describe the development of film and the art of filmmaking.
- compare and contrast different cinematic styles and structures.
- analyze films for their effective use of visual techniques.
- formulate an independent and critical aesthetic perspective on the cinema.
- develop and apply film production elements to independent projects.
- exhibit fundamental skills necessary to obtain employment in the film industry
Certificate of Achievement
The Certificate of Achievement may be obtained by completion of the required program with grades of “C” or better or equivalent.