We hold workshops that focus on brainstorming, planning, drafting, and revising essays.
We also offer grammar, punctuation, editing, and timed writing workshops.
These workshops are designed to enhance students’ academic skills and confidence.
Each workshop lasts approximately one hour.
Writing Center Workshop: Getting Started on a Writing Assignment
Writing Center Workshop: Thesis Statements
Writing Center Workshop: Essay Structure
Writing Center Workshop: Timed Writing
Writing Center Workshop: Writing a Research Paper
Writing Center Workshop: Subject-Verb Agreement
Writing Center Workshop: Comma Rules
Writing Center Workshop: Organizing Your Paper
Writing Center Workshop: Run-ons, Fragments, and Comma Splices
Writing Center Workshop: Reading for College
American Psychological Association Tutorial: The Basics of APA Style
November Workshops 2015
- Run-ons, Fragments, and Comma Splices – Monday, November 2, 11am, LR 141
- Structure of an Essay* – Wednesday, November 4, 4pm, LR 141
- Writing a Research Paper – Thursday, November 5, 4pm, LR 141
- Getting Started – Monday, November 9, 2pm, LR 318
- Thesis Statements – Tuesday, November 10, 4pm, LR 141
- Grammar Practice* – Monday, November 16, 11am, LR 141
- Getting Started – Tuesday, November 17, 12pm, LR 318
- Chicago Citation Style – Wednesday, November 18, 2pm, LR 141
- APA Citation Style – Thursday, November 19, 4pm, LR 141
- MLA Citation Style – Monday, November 23, 11am, LR 141
- Revising Content of a Rough Draft – Tuesday, November 24, 4pm, LR 141
- Integrating Sources – Monday, November 30, 2pm, LR 318
*These workshops are specifically designed for students in English Writing (ENGWR) 51 classes, but anyone is welcome to attend.
December Workshops 2015
- Writing a Research Paper – Wednesday, December 2, 2pm, LR 141
- Organizing an Essay – Thursday, December 3, 12pm, LR 318
- Timed Writing – Monday, December 7, 10am, LR 141
- Editing for Clarity – Thursday, December 10, 4pm, LR 141