-Office Rm 280 Rodda South
-Phone Number: 916-650-2910
Hi and welcome to my page! I am a nutrition scientist interested in the control of food intake by the brain. I completed my Doctoral studies at UC Davis in 2004 and remain actively involved in research in nutrition, aging and the control of food intake by the brain. I teach a variety of nutrition courses in a variety of modalities including: face to face, online, hybrid and interactive television! My courses fill very quickly so please register early if you hope to get a spot!
Dr. Coppola's Publications Include:
1. Roger B. McDonald and Jessica Coppola. "Food Intake Regulation and Aging". Handbook of Nutrition in the Aged, 4th Ed. 2008.
2. Coppola JD, Horwitz BA, Hamilton J, Blevins JE, McDonald RB. Reduced feeding response to muscimol and neuropeptide Y in senescent F344 rats. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2005 Jun;288(6):R1492-8.
3. Coppola JD, Horwitz BA, Hamilton J, McDonald RB. Expression of NPY Y1 and Y5 receptors in the hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus of aged Fischer 344 rats. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2004 Jul;287(1):R69-75.
4. Job, Jessica D.; Horwitz, Barbara A.; Hernandez, Eddie J.; Landerholm, Tom; Craig-Veit, Christina; McDonald, Roger B. The anorexia of aging: Possible involvement of neuropeptide Y receptor subtype Y1. FASEB Journal March 8, 2001. 15(5): A981.
5. Job, Jessica D.; Horwitz, Barabara A.; Blanton, Cynthia A.; Hamilton, Jock S.; McDonald, Roger B. Age related anorexia and alterations in acitivity in senescent Fischer 344 rats. FASEB Journal March 8 2001. 15(5): A809.