Measure E is a general obligation bond for the Los Rios Community College District that will appear on the March 3, 2020 ballot.
If approved by over 55% of voters, Measure E will authorize $650 million of locally controlled funds to repair and upgrade educational facilities, classrooms and labs throughout the District.
The measure has been designed to extend, but not increase, current tax rates. The annual estimated tax rate is $0.02 per $100 of assessed valuation.
Measure E proposes improvements for every Los Rios college and education center in the District. If passed by voters, Measure E will:
- Better prepare students for high-paying jobs
- Improve classrooms and labs for careers in fields such as healthcare and early childhood education
- Upgrade classrooms and labs for science, technology, engineering, and math-related fields
- Improve resources for healthcare, nursing, dental hygiene, and other job-training programs
- Expand wildfire prevention, fire fighting and construction training programs
- Improve educational resources for veterans