Sacramento City College maintains authorized one-year certificate and two-year degree programs organized to offer pilot academic ground instruction. The Flight Technology Program is a 30 unit, 10 course program.
To be eligible for enrollment in the program, the student must meet the following criteria:
- The Federal Aviation Administration requires that all applicants read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- demonstrate the knowledge and skills to qualify for the written portions of the Federal Aviation Administration examinations for pilot and instructor.
- perform navigational pre-flight planning.
- review weather terminal and en-route data.
- calculate departure, en-route, and arrival performance data.
Associate in Science Degree
The Flight Technology Associate in Science (A.S.) degree may be obtained by completion of the required program, plus general education requirements, plus sufficient electives to meet a 60-unit total. See SCC graduation requirements.
Certificate of Achievement (COA)
The Certificate of Achievement may be obtained by completion of the required program with grades of “C” or better or equivalent.