The Allied Health Learning Community is a structured pathway with guaranteed enrollment in the course sections you need to complete the prerequisites for our allied health programs:
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Registered Nursing
- Dental Hygiene
- Dental Assisting
- Vocational Nursing
The program is also designed to help you earn an Associate of Science Degree and transfer to the CSU system. Most of the units earned will transfer to a four-year college!
Would you like a representative to attend an event at your school or community event? Email Helen Han at HanH@scc.losrios.edu
Who is Eligible for the Program?
High school graduates between the ages of 18-20 who are interested in a career in health care.
Students must complete the following:
- Apply to Enroll as a student in Sacramento City College
- Complete the online orientation
- Complete the Reading, writing and math assessments (Check out the Assessment Center Study Guides on the Assessment Web Page !)
- Complete the AHLC online application (which will require attaching your Los Rios assessment results)
AHLC applications will be available in January 2018 for August 1, 2018 start. AHLC application will be available January 2019 for August 1, 2019 start.
- Assessed into at least Math 100, English Writing 101, and English Reading 110 or 310, through the Los Rios Assessment Process.
- Be enrolled or have completed (with a “C” or higher): English 12 or Expository Reading and Writing (ERW)
- Be enrolled or have completed (with a “C” or higher): Algebra 2 or Integrated Math 3
- A high school GPA of 2.0 or better