New Students to Any College

Use high school records for placement

You will be automatically placed into English and math classes if you:

  • Graduated from a US high school within the last ten years
  • Included all of the requested information about your high school records on your college application

You can view your placement results in your eServices account. From your eServices dashboard, click Student Center, then Steps to Success. Your placements are displayed in the Assessment Placements section.

English as a Second Language (ESL) assessment

Students who have identified a need for ESL courses may take the ESL assessment test. Please see the testing schedule for more information.

Placement Reevaluation

Sacramento City College (SCC) is changing its method for placing students in the English and mathematics course sequences to use more high school record information.

If you graduated from a US high school within the last ten (10) years, but you did not report your high school information on your college application, you have the option of having your placement re-evaluated. To receive your course placements in English and math, complete the Placement Re-Evaluation Petition (PREP) and submit the form to SCC Admissions and Records Office located in Student Services building room 103 (STS 103).