Location Los Rios Community College District (Sacramento City College), Department Location Advanced Technology, Posting Number F00421P
Posting Date 09/26/2018, Open Continuously, Full-Time, Tenure-Track Position
Salary $41,823 to $77,043 annually.
Additional earnings may be available for summer, overloads, and stipends. LRCCD Salary Schedules. Entering annual salary within a given range varies, depending upon units/degrees completed at accredited colleges/universities and experience.
The faculty member shall be responsible for the following:
- teaching assigned classes under the supervision of the area dean;
- helping students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering course content;
- assessing student learning outcomes;
- maintaining a thorough and up-to-date knowledge in their regular teaching field;
- continuing professional development;
- utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties;
- maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position;
- assisting with articulation and curriculum development and review;
- serving on college committees and participating in faculty governance including accreditation and student co-curricular activities;
- assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the area dean;
- fulfilling other duties and responsibilities of a full-time faculty member as outlined in the college faculty handbook.
The faculty member will be responsible for keeping all required Federal Aviation Authority (FAA) certificates current and in good standing, as well as maintaining required skills and knowledge applicable to the courses taught. The faculty member will also work closely with the Department Chair and the FAA offices that authorize or approve Sacramento City College’s programs to keep the programs current with FAA regulations and maintain required documentation.
The instructional assignment may include, but is not limited to, teaching courses in all levels of Aviation offered at the college in:
- Air Navigation
- Air Traffic Control Procedures
- Aircraft Dispatcher Procedures
- Airspace and Communication
- Aviation Weather
- Commercial Pilot (Ground School)
- Federal Aviation Regulations
- Instrument Pilot (Ground School)
- Large Aircraft Systems and Performance
- Private Pilot (Ground School)
- Safety and Human Factors
The instructional assignment may include day, evening, online, hybrid, weekend, and/or off campus classes. Work Year: 164 days
- Have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution AND two years experience as a Professional Pilot (Non-CFR 121), AND two years experience as an Aircraft Dispatcher, OR two years experience as a Pilot-in Command (per 14 CFR, Part 121), OR two years experience as an aircraft dispatcher (per 14 CFR, Part 121); OR, have an associates degree from an accredited institution, AND six years experience as a professional pilot (Non-CFR 121), AND six years experience as an Aircraft Dispatcher; OR, have an associates degree from an accredited institution and have six years experience as Pilot-in-Command or Aircraft Dispatcher (per 14 CFR, Part 121 operations); OR, hold a California Community College Instructor’s Credential in the discipline area; OR, the equivalent.*
- Hold and maintain a FAA Certificated Flight Instructor certificate with Airplane and Instrument Instructor ratings; OR, hold and maintain an Advanced Ground Instructor Certificate and Instrument Ground Instructor Certificate, by date of hire.
- Hold and maintain an FAA Aircraft Dispatcher Certificate, by date of hire.
- Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
*NOTE: Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must attach details and explain how their academic preparation and/or professional experience is the equivalent of the degrees listed above. If your degree title differs from the minimum qualifications listed above, you are requested to submit this equivalency statement.
Applicants applying to this Los Rios Community College District Faculty position are REQUIRED to complete fully and submit:
- Los Rios Community College District Faculty Application
- Unofficial transcripts of college/university work
● Graduate advising documents and grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts.
● Los Rios employees are also required to submit unofficial copies of transcripts.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Letter of Interest
- Copy of FAA Certificated Flight Instructor or Ground Instructor Certificate and FAA Aircraft Dispatcher Certificate
NOTE: Applications submitted without all required documents, listed above, will be disqualified. Applicants indicating “see resume” on the online application will be disqualified. Also individuals who have completed college or university course work at an institution in a country other than the United States must obtain a complete evaluation of foreign transcripts, degrees and other relevant documents. A foreign transcript evaluation is required any time foreign course work is used to meet minimum qualifications and/or salary placement even if the foreign transcript has been accepted by a college or university in the United States.
Foreign transcript evaluations are ONLY accepted from AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluations, Inc.) or NACES (The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services) agencies or evaluators.
Foreign Degree Transcript Evaluations click here
Do not submit additional materials that are not requested.
How and where to apply
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for complete information on how to apply online with our District. Application services are available between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the Los Rios Community College District Human Resources Office located at 1919 Spanos Court, Sacramento, CA 95825-3981. If you need assistance with any phase of the application process, please call (916) 568-3112 or come in during our business hours. After hours inquiries should be emailed to email@example.com. Submission of applications are by 11:59 p.m. of the posting closing date.
All Positions: Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful clearance from a criminal background check, freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States prior to the first day of work. The District may select additional qualified candidates should unexpected vacancies or needs occur during this recruitment/selection process. When education is a requirement for the position, official academic transcripts from the accredited college/university must be submitted within 60 days of hire.
Contingent on funding and eligibility, successful candidates selected for an interview may be eligible to apply for partial reimbursement of travel expenses, up to a maximum of $250. Candidate Travel Reimbursement click here
About Sacramento City College
Founded in 1916, Sacramento City College (SCC) is a multi-campus, urban college that consists of a 70-acre main campus across from William Land Park. The college has two educational centers, one in Davis on the campus of the University of California, Davis, and one in West Sacramento located adjacent to the public library, community center and civic center. SCC is a vibrant teaching and learning institution with approximately 20,000 day and evening students and is recognized as both a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) and Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI).
SCC has a rich history in the community and has expanded educational opportunities to students across the region. SCC awards Associate in Arts or Science degrees as well as Associate Degrees for Transfer, which guarantee transfer into the California State University system. The college offers Career Education certificates and degrees, transfer credit for students who desire to continue their education at a four-year college or university, and instruction in basic skills such as English, English as a second language, and mathematics.
Faculty and staff at SCC value a collaborative and diverse campus community. As one of four colleges within the Los Rios Community College District, Sacramento City College embraces change, values excellence in academic achievement and supports the success of students as they pursue their dreams
- Criminal History Verification and Release: I acknowledge and agree that I understand that by answering the question below, I certify that the information provided by me is true, correct and complete to the best of my knowledge and belief. I authorize investigation of all statements contained herein, and on the P-881 (if applicable and submitted), and I release from liability all persons and organizations furnishing such information. I understand that any misstatements, omissions or misrepresentation of facts on this form, my application, and, if applicable, the P-881 or attachment(s) may be cause for disqualification or dismissal. If you have ever been convicted of an offense other than a minor traffic violation you are required to complete the form “Arrests Which Led to Convictions for Crime“, P-881 (you must disclose convictions that have been dismissed pursuant to Penal Code Section 1203.4; Ed. Code 87008). Attach the completed form to your application.
- Can you perform the essential functions of this position?
- Please indicate how you meet the minimum qualifications for this position. Select the appropriate answer.
- I possess the minimum qualifications for this discipline as listed on the job announcement. (Attach unofficial transcripts from an accredited college/university and/or evidence of job experience.)
- I possess a valid California Community College Credential for this discipline. (Attach a copy of appropriate credential with application.)
- I possess qualifications equivalent to those listed and have attached evidence. (To review Equivalency Process.)
- I have previously been granted equivalency to teach this discipline by the Los Rios Community College District. (Attach the Equivalency Determination Form P-38 and transcripts.)
- Considering this specific position that you are applying to – where/how did you learn about this position?
- College Department
- Chronicle of Higher Ed (Vitea.com)
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Oakland
- Community College Registry Job Fair: Los Angeles
- Community College Registry Online Job Board
- Community Outreach (ex. Festivals, etc.)
- Facebook (Campaign)
- Facebook (Los Rios Page)
- Greater Sacramento Urban League
- Job Sites
- Job Journal
- Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
- Los Rios Community College District Employee
- Los Rios Community College District Website
- Professional Networks
- Sacramento Black Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Sacramento Rainbow Chamber of Commerce
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- P-881 Report of Arrests Which Led To Convictions For Crime Document
- P-38 Equivalency Document (Or Applicant Letter for Equivalency Consideration)
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation
- Unofficial Transcript 4
- Unofficial Transcript 5
- California Community College Instructor’s Credential