Professor: Shänna Stein
Assistant Professor: Dean Andrews
Assistant Professor: Suzanne De Mey
The Accounting Clerk certificate provides fundamental occupational training and preparation for entry-level accounting clerk positions. The program includes basic accounting courses and specialized courses designed for the accounting workplace, including small business technology and basic business principles courses. All courses in this certificate apply toward the requirements of the Full Charge Bookkeeper Certificate.
Career opportunities would include accounting clerk or entry-level bookkeeper positions such as: accounts payable clerk, accounts receivable clerk, billing clerk, payroll assistant, assistant bookkeeper, or office assistant.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- analyze and record accounting transactions in both manual and computerized accounting systems.
- prepare financial statements manually and using a computerized accounting system.
- solve basic business math problems.
- compose written business communications.
- demonstrate proficiency in the use of word processing and spreadsheet software.
- create a personal resume and cover letter.
- develop and refine interviewing skills.
Certificate of Achievement
The Certificate of Achievement may be obtained by completion of the required program with grades of “C” or better or equivalent.