Professor: Shänna Stein
Assistant Professor: Dean Andrews
Assistant Professor: DemeyS@scc.losrios.edu
The Full Charge Bookkeeper certificate program provides advanced occupational training in accounting and preparation for supervisory accounting positions. The program provides a strong background in financial and managerial accounting, basic business principles, and business technology.
Career opportunities would include higher level accounting positions, such as full charge bookkeeper, accountant, or accounting supervisor.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- identify, analyze, record, and report the financial transactions of an organization using manual and computerized accounting systems.
- compile and analyze costs within a business organization.
- recognize federal and California payroll and business tax laws that affect organizations.
- develop information useful to management in the budgeting, planning, and decision-making processes of an organization.
- compose effective communications of financial information to managers, investors, creditors, and other interested parties.
- demonstrate proficiency in the use of word processing and spreadsheet software.
- integrate the principles of business and business law into accounting functions.
- demonstrate basic skills in identifying and applying for accounting positions.
Certificate of Achievement
The Certificate of Achievement may be obtained by completion of the required program with grades of “C” or better or equivalent.