Front End Web Developer Contacts
Program Contact, Department Chair: Sheley Little (M. Little)
Front End Web Developer Links
STACKING WEB CERTIFICATES TO ACHIEVE WEB DEVELOPER
The Web Developer program at Sacramento City College allows students to complete classes and obtain certificates as they are working toward achievement of the highly desirable skill-sets obtained in the Web Development program.
Students complete certificates while they pursue the Web Developer Certificate or Degree. Students complete the first certificate, and apply those skills with a few more classes for the next level certificate, working toward completion of Web Developer Certificate or Degree. Certificates below are listed in the order they are taken.
Certificate One: Web Production Specialist
Certificate Two: Front-End Web Developer
Final Certificate: Web Developer
Career Opportunities – Front-End Web Developer
Career Opportunities could include employment in front-end Web Development or Web Production. This certificate provides foundation skills needed to work toward becoming a Web Developer.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- manage a multi-level website hosted on a Web server.
- utilize multiple programs simultaneously in order to develop websites.
- research and implement current, valid World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) standards, including W3C Accessibility Standards.
- plan a structured approach to website development that identifies the information dissemination needs of a client and organizes the content effectively and efficiently in order to communicate to an identified audience and then develop and implement an appropriate Web solution.
- utilize client-side scripting in order to manipulate interactive objects like navigation bars, forms, rollovers, other event handling, and the control of windows, frames, and layers.
- create composite images that demonstrate visual design concepts of scale, rhythm, and balance.
- construct images utilizing selections, layers, masks, adjustment layers, and blending modes.
- demonstrate the use of current technologies and processes of user interface and responsive website design.
- conceive and design effective website wireframes, navigation, user interfaces, and Web page prototypes.
- describe the relationship between user-centered design concepts, user interface (UI) design, user experience (UX) design, and usability testing.
CROSSOVER CLASSES IN MULTIPLE PROGRAMS FOR CIS
Many classes within the Web Developer programs are also classes required in other disciplines of Computer Information Science, including the highly coveted Computer Science A.S. Degree. Students have a great opportunity within our programs to complete multiple majors within CIS disciplines giving students a broad knowledge of various aspects of Computer Information Science, and preparing students for a technology-driven workforce for the future.
|Course Code||Name||Units||Semester Offered||Offered Online||Course included in Computer Science Major|
|Use the Course Code links below for enrollment in these courses.|
|CISC 305||Introduction to the Internet||1 Unit||Fall|
|CISC 310||Introduction to Computer Information Science||3 Units||Fall|
|CISC 323||Linux Operating System||1 Unit||Fall|
|CISC 324||Intermediate Linux Operating System||1 Unit||Fall|
|CISP 301||Algorithm Design and Implementation.||4 units||Fall|
|CISW 306||Introduction to Web Page Creation and Web Accessibility||2 Units||Spring or Fall||Yes||No|
|CISW 327||Introduction to Web Development coding HTML and CSS||4 Units||Fall|
|Yes||Elective in CS Degree|
|CISW 400||Client-Side Web Scripting||4 Units||Fall|
|Yes||Elective in CS Degree|
|DDSN 331||Digital Imaging||3 Units||Fall|
|DDSN 360||User Interface Design||3 Units||Fall|
|Certificate of Achievement||26 Units|
|Certificate One in Web Series: Web Production Specialist|
Certificate Two in Web Series: Front-end Web Developer
A.S. Degree or Certificate in Web Series: Web Developer
Apply for your Certificate
Candidates for degree/certificate must initiate a petition with the Admission and Records Office or apply online.
CURRICULUM UPDATES FOR 2019/2020
Some Course Codes have been modified in this program.
- CISW327 (new course number – replaces CISW320 and CISW304)
- CISW306 (new course number – replaces CISC306 and CISW370)
- DDSN 331 replaces old course number GCOM 330
- DDSN 360 replaces old course number GCOM 360
Contact Professor Little for any questions, LittleM@scc.losrios.edu.